Savil Row 3722

Young Buck

Hi gents,

Friday last week I acquired this bad boy and spent some time this week really enjoying it.

Specs:
- Handle height = 57mm
- Hair height = 52mm
- Total height = 109mm
- Knot size= 22mm

Price: $112 US. If you speak to Charles he will charge $15 US to get it to OZ, however this is without insurance. I organised forwarding with Peach and had it arrive for $19 AUD with insurance and it arrived within 10 days of leaving QED. It's not a cheap brush but I would say it certainly is value for money.

Handle: For me the most outstanding feature of this brush is the instant you pick it up you realise that this is a quality product. The handle material reminds me of my Plisson. Feels very solid and just little bit more weighty than some other brands I have used. The logos are also engraved.

Hair: This is your traditional silvertip. Silky smooth and very soft on the face. That said expert knowledge of knot characteristics really show here as with the short loft and bulb shape it holds form really well when whipping lather or when applying lather with circular strokes. In comparison to Shavemac silvertip I believe the hair is a thinner gauge. On first use it was soft out of the box vs. Shavemac which required several uses to really get those tips silky smooth.

Ergonomics: The 3722 has a great handle. The curves are in all the right places. Building lather in a bowl no problem the end of the handle is easy to grip and gives excellent reach. Working it into the face shift your figures up the body where it get thicker and support it with your palm its that simple.

Size: The 3722 is a 22mm knot. It does not feel small nor large on the face. I was debating whether to wait for the 3824 but I am lad I made the choice I did to pick this one up. I have a Plisson size 12 HMW that is a big face cushion so the shorter 52mm loft makes this brush feel zippy and agile and ignites any soap/cream I have thrown at it.

To sum it up I have used the brush 3-4 times in the last week and it has not dropped a hair. It holds it own amongst the tough competition. For those looking for a soft brush, good backbone and excellent flow through this is a brush that can handle variety in its stride be it soaps or creams your poison.

Oh, wow! Just... Wow.