Scrappy Boar

Sxot

Artisan Producer
Are these stray bristles normal for a boar? This is after two lathers, and no, I haven't been pushing down on it.
167694c72bd89e0bda36ed1398662b82.jpg

I believe so - should see some of the pics around here of them!

@Sxot all stray bristles are perfectly normal for every boar brush to behave that way, I've check every shaving forum website before I started wet shaving and they've all said the same thing it's normal nothing to get yourself too worried about. All my boar brush have stray bristles their perfectly normal as you're brush is starting to get broken in it will get soften in time like a badger brush without loosing too much backbone, just relax no cause for an alarm.

Cool. Thanks. There are that many, turn the brush around 90deg and you see none. Thinking I might snip them off. Bad idea?

If you want them to all line up just soak the brush for a few minutes and then put a loose rubber band around the middle and ltet them dry. If that doesn't achieve anything the strays wont alter the brush.

@Sxot don't snip them off just leave them alone they won't do you any harm or to the brush, make sure you hang all your brushes to keep the dust out and water out from the knot during drying time and leave them all hanging make sure you hang them in open air space not in the cabinet.

...or get an Omega boar - they don't flop around like that ;)

Brush is great. Just prefer all my ducks in a row.
The Smoggies all like to do that - splay over time when dry. The Omega boars tend to stay as they come. All board take a while for the bristles to soften and during this time they often "absorb" some of the water/lather (even when soaked).

That's fine and I'm surprised, listening to some here, that they're not bunched around your fingers!