simpson duke 2 shredding

Bobby

Hey everyone, just wondering if anyone has had a problem with their simpson duke 2 brush shredding. I've only had the brush for about 8mths and bought it locally from theshavehut. For the past couple of months i've been losing 3 hairs per shave. I then did some research and found others also having this problem and suggest 'combing' the brush to stop this occurring. I followed his advice as well as cleaning the brush again with soap and now it's actually gotten worse.

Does anyone know what the warranty is for this brushes? After spending $100+ on a brush i think it should last more than 8 mths. I also also have it ventilated and hanging upside down on a merkur razor/brush stand.

Not sure what to do now?

thanks

Brushes will lose a few hairs occasionally but should not lose a lot regularly. If you think it is excessive contact Simpson via their website. I had a brush with a clump of hair come out after some shedding and they replaced without hesitation.

Sorry but this is not looking good. Just to be sure, but I'm sure you know, the brush hasn't been exposed to hot water or not let to dry completely recently? These can loosen the knot and its contents.

Stills, I really don't think there's much a user could do to stuff up a brush. If it's still shedding regularly it's an inherent fault out of the factory. Trouble is, as I know to my cost, Simpson will replace it, but the postage will cost you $25 to get it back. Which I've done 3 times.

Their bigger denser knots are hit and miss. Going on forum feedback their failure rate seems unacceptable for a product of its price. It is a inherent problem in the hand making of fine haired knots with a lot of hair, and while other makers don't seem to have this issue, no one else tries to make Dukes and Chubbys either.

what other makers sell brushes equally as dense as Dukes at a similar price point?

New Epsiloms by Vie Long?
Frank Shaving?

I wouldn't go with a brush maker/seller that doesn't give you 100% guarantee - so FS would be out for me...

The new Epsilons by Vie-Long get stellar reviews (although the handles of the 2nd batch aren't as super nice as the original) and they cost 160AU$ delivered + @Gifts&Care.com are 100% reliable...mine is on it's way and I can tell you more soon.

Else there is only shavemac and the only brush maker I am still interested in. Simpson is simply too expensive and has no customisation (at least for somehow affordable prices).