Canberra dwelling Happy Clapping Bean Counter
Staff member
Site Moderator
Grand Society
2016 Sabbatical Fail
2018 Charity Auction Winner
2019 Charity Auction Winner
2020 Charity Auction Winner
As you would know from the January Acquisitions thread I managed to acquire these ...

Only six of the original ten but all NOS.

With no advice forthcoming on what they are like I decided to crack one open to try.

Plastic construction but with some weight added - 34 g on my scale so similar to the aluminium Gillette Rocket LD in weight

Interesting two piece construction.

You hold the ends of the plastic cap and screw the handle to take it apart.

The blades themselves are Made in England so should be OK. Test shave tomorrow .....

I'll join you. You sent me a few plastic "by catch" razors you had lying around. A couple of those were two piece. I'll crack one out. Tried it before and remember liking it.

See folks, the world of SPUD razors is fascinating isn't it?

Last edited:
and the verdict is ....

A perfectly acceptable shave!

It seems more like a cart than a DE or probably to be honest, like a cheap single blade disposable.

The benefit I see is that I think it would be really, really hard to cut yourself with this based on the blade exposure and protection of the edges.

In fact I'm INSISTING that Mrs Mark tries this for her legs. I've gentle suggested a Lady Gillette before but not pushed whereas this is a cannot go wrong option in my book.

So after one shave I'm not a huge fan for everyday use - there are much better razors out there - but as a beginning razor or for the ladies - think this has got something to offer.

Are these older or are they the ones made for cheap sale in India that I heard about?

If made in England then probably not.

I'd be interested if you know the date of manufacturing.

.........but as a beginning razor or for the ladies.....

Plastic razors are for the girly newbies!!! What hope is there for me. Well, I tried the two piece plastic razor you sent me and it's a great razor. Got a bit of an open comb guard but the blade gap is quite small so it works just beautifully. Nice and light, just my kind of razor. Who knows, maybe I'll start doing my legs too.

Nah - these things are a hoot!

A nice change from a 'real' razor ....