Thoughts on this Muhle?

I think that the head design is one of the standard types (EJ89?) so fairly mild. The rest is aesthetics

Is there an echo in here ?

My current shave is a. Gillette ball end. I do like that style. So I'm looking at upgrading to a new brush & razor. So on the hunt..

Slant? Open comb? Adjustable? Plenty of options.

I don't think i could shave with a straight face with my bog oak handle. But I have been accussed of being juvenile :)

I would want to handle one first. I'm never convinced I'll like the balance of things made from differing materials. eg I have a Rocket with an aluminium handle that I hate because the balance is naff.

Good point about balance @SmallYetDeadly !!!!

I have the Rocket HD, MD and LD and each needs a different style because of the different weight and balance.

My current shave is a. Gillette ball end. I do like that style. So I'm looking at upgrading to a new brush & razor. So on the hunt..

If you like a Gillette ball end you may find the Muhle/EJ 89 a little ....mild (actually thinking "sooky"). Do you know which ball end you have? Possibilities are Old Type 100, Old Type 102 or New. Photos would help. The saying is "if you don't have photos, it didn't happen".:)

EJ89 will be much more aggressive than a tech ballend.

I think the Muhle 89 series head is a little more aggressive than the head Merkur use on the 34/38 series.