Tough areas.

bald as

ARKO! dealer & walking ECG
What is your strategy for tough areas or do you have some areas that never reach perfection?

Steve

Keep working at it, there must be an angle/position that will work I reckon.

When I first started with a straight I initially had difficulty with some areas of my neck and jawline. It took a while but once I gained some confidence I spent some time working out how to attack those difficult bits, I tried different positions and angles until I found what worked for me. Ultimately I learned that it's not always necessary to get those bits when you can pick them up easily in a subsequent pass. In saying that though I like to get everything in each pass as it helps increase my dexterity with the blade and because it also prolongs the shave as much as possible. Despite all that even if you struggle getting to the difficult bits you will still get a very close shave and the only person who will notice that there are a few areas not as close as the others is you. :)

Keep working at it, there must be an angle/position that will work I reckon.

This is what I try. But it depends on what combo of soap and razor I'm usin as to whether it will be effective or not.

I find the area directly under my chin as the hardest to get smooth. It never seems to want to be shaved smooth. I think it's difficult to stretch. (Actually I should experiment with stretching they area...)

I do find stretching skin to work well at helping get the hairs in those tough-to-get-smooth areas.