Trumpers Violet Cream

JugV2

Simply boring.
I got a sampler of Trumpers violet cream with my last order and gave it a shot over the weekend.

It has a lovely colour and lathers up okay, I didn't think it was as good as TOBS.

The 830 held a bucket load of cream of course; however when pasting the face it seemed...lacking? I think that's the best description.

I tried the 830 on it the other day. I found the same - lacking cushion, slickness.

However, use any badger brush and it really is one of the best creams I am yet to try. Simply magnificent.

I believe I have much more work to do with the 830 before it finally gives me the performance I know it can deliver.

I suspected it might be a case of badger vs boar.

Glad to hear it isn't just me though.

I wanted it to be awesome, I actually felt let down, you know?

Yeah, my experience with Trumpers violet was the same, and I was using the Rooney back then. Just didn't do much other creams already did better.

I hated the Rose soap too. Only product I resigned to shower duties. I liked it a first, then, when I really learned to lather stuff well, I found it didn't - regardless of brush and loading techniques/time. Plus it was the most face drying soap I had.

Speaking of brushes, I'm having a little trouble with the 1305 lately. Great lather, but only 2 passes worth no matter how hard I work it. Oh well, I got some others over here...

I don't find rose a pleasant scent at all. The TOBS rose sampler I had was given away after a very brief smell.
The violet didn't seem as slick either, I had to add a lot of water.

Oh well, this is what samples are for.

Last edited by a moderator:
All Trumpers floral creams are too strong IMO. THe violet was like candy floss. THe Rose soap scent was the best thing about it, nice, fresh and natural.