Vintage Wilkinson Sword razor

nosedog

Just before giving me a haircut the other day, my barber (New Canterbury Rd, Petersham) showed me an old Wilkinson Sword razor a deceased customer of his wanted him to have. He said it dates to WWI. I've never seen a razor as complicated as this: it had lots of moving parts. I don't know what kind of blade it takes or how the razor keeps the blade in position.

Anyone know what sort of razor I'm talking about and have more information?

Yeah, that'd be it. Thanks. IIRC I saw a strop but I didn't get to see any blades.

Do you have one of those, Mark? Do you know what sort of price they fetch?

And what do you think of the US$33.60 shipping price?

Yeah, that'd be it. Thanks. IIRC I saw a strop but I didn't get to see any blades.

I should rent my sons address out :) Could make enough to keep me buying cheap stuff!!!

No I don't have one. I stick with the DEs basically.

That shipping cost is pretty steep. Most use the small flat rate priority box for $14, the medium is $27 from memory. $33 comes up as an eBay generated cost sometimes and I think includes insurance.

No I don't have one. I stick with the DEs basically.

That shipping cost is pretty steep. Most use the small flat rate priority box for $14, the medium is $27 from memory. $33 comes up as an eBay generated cost sometimes and I think includes insurance.

Yeah, it's an old seven day set lather catcher (LCs to us SE tragics). I think pablo's got a few.

Last edited: