Well, I waited a little longer to shave today and....

Itsonlyblood

3iYogh.jpg

this got delivered. First shave about to take place.

Yeah, the SE's I have are all just about variety for me. I'm more of a DE shaver up until now to be honest. I haven't even committed to blades yet, still working through the Mongoose sampler from tryablade. These blades last so long it will take me a year to commit to a certain blade.
The shave was really very good. It was a very mild, irritation free shave. Audible feedback was very good. My usual routine of 3 pass + cleanup got me to where I am happy. It's slightly head heavy but you instincitively work around that and the angle is very easy to find, I could hear it the moment I found it. There was also a fair degree of blade feel, which was suprising given how mild the shave felt.

Yeah, the SE's I have are all just about variety for me. I'm more of a DE shaver up until now to be honest. I haven't even committed to blades yet, still working through the Mongoose sampler from tryablade. These blades last so long it will take me a year to commit to a certain blade.
The shave was really very good. It was a very mild, irritation free shave. Audible feedback was very good. My usual routine of 3 pass + cleanup got me to where I am happy. It's slightly head heavy but you instincitively work around that and the angle is very easy to find, I could hear it the moment I found it. There was also a fair degree of blade feel, which was suprising given how mild the shave felt.
Congrats mate, glad your happy with it! The brass looks beautiful. These razors sound interesting with their blade feel, but mild characteristics. I've got the aluminium head and tryablade selection on way too.

@Benjamin It's a strange feeling with the blade feel but a mild shave. Let me know how you get on with the tryablade sampler. I have only used 2 so far. Fave at the moment is the Feather professional. The other I have tried is the Kai Captain original.