Wetshaving supplies in Brisbane

alfonzo

I've been keeping an eye on a new barber shop that has been getting ready to open just down the road from my office. There has been a growing inventory of wetshaving gear in their front window, so today I stopped in for a cut, and to check it out:

Nice new barber shop on George St in Brisbane, just opposite the new District / Supreme Courts.

SYrIzyk.jpg

khqnu3O.jpg

bIl5RHT.jpg

I'll be going back for a shave over Christmas for sure.

If you go in, also go for a coffee at Alen's Espresso just a little further down George St from there - other side of the big asian duty free. Awesome coffee.

Plenty of TOBS and GFT. What brands were the brushes?

And more importantly - what were the prices like?

Nice selection - lost on BrisVegas folk though ????

Very impressive!

Plenty of TOBS and GFT. What brands were the brushes?

And more importantly - what were the prices like?
Still to check that stuff out I'm sorry, I was too busy gushing over the fact it existed to take note of those details. A simple mens cut is about $30 and a straight-razor face shave is $45, which I think is pretty alright. I'll be heading back over the holiday break for a shave, so I'll do a bit more recon then.

I thought I posted in this thread earlier today asking the same as RM?
You did, over at the other thread. I figured I should post this here too, given I got told off last time I didn't. :laugh:

Nice selection - lost on BrisVegas folk though ????
I feel we're getting a little bit of style about us. Though I do still see new square toe loafers and short sleeve business shirts around the place, sooo maybe not.

Still to check that stuff out I'm sorry, I was too busy gushing over the fact it existed to take note of those details. A simple mens cut is about $30 and a straight-razor face shave is $45, which I think is pretty alright. I'll be heading back over the holiday break for a shave, so I'll do a bit more recon then.

Here I am paying $10 for a simple cut at my local barber shop. They do shavette-based shaves with an Astra SP for $10 so only $20 straight up for both.

Cheap barber....cheap blades.

I don't have an issue with Astras, just prefer others. Not as if I cannot afford to be choosy with which of my 12,000 blades that I want to shave with today.

That said, a could of packs of Permasharps were 'donated' to some of the guys, they love them but cannot get them through their barber supply shop. I am a favourite customer lol

I think I will load one up as my next blade.... just for fun.

I don't have an issue with Astras, just prefer others. Not as if I cannot afford to be choosy with which of my 12,000 blades that I want to shave with today.

That said, a could of packs of Permasharps were 'donated' to some of the guys, they love them but cannot get them through their barber supply shop. I am a favourite customer lol

Ha I donated several packs of feathers and Israeli Reds to my hairdresser for the shave on the back of the neck.

What an annoying website. The shop's raison d'être is to sell shaving equipment.
The website doesnt:
  • allow you to purchase over the interwebs
  • tell you how much any items costs
  • let you see exactly what they will be offering other than the brand names

All style, no substance.