What is your most prized, rare or loved item?

todras

est Français pour après-rasage
In Memoriam
2019 Charity Auction Winner
Menth Dealer
I know there are a fair few long term collectors on this forum, those who have the passion and funds and have been collection, shaving and trading for many years.

Prompted by a comment from a certain user in an acquisitions thread recently who commented that some of our spends are really not all that much given the value and rarity of some items in peoples collections, I thought I would start this thread here for those with collectable, rare or even just prized items to share them with the community through pictures and hopefully a bit of history on the provenance of the item and the story surrounding it.

I have no such items, having wet shaved for 20 something years or more I always just used my old Gillettes, usually TOBS or another English cream or soap and that was that so despite my wanting, I am unable to open this thread by making a contribution myself...rather I and others in the same situation or similar will admire, respect and no doubt learn from the serious, committed collectors that inhabit this fine forum!

My two black beautys that I inherited from my father and will one day give to my son and then hopefully my grandson.

They sound particularly nice, any chance you could post a picture of them ?

worthless_thread_wo_pics.gif

I wouldn't say worthless per se however with the calibre of some peoples collections on this forum I was kind of hoping to get a picture based discussion going where people could post pictures and expand on the provenance, scarcity and importance of their most prized items to showcase what they have and to educate and impress members without such things :)