Where's a Weber?

Nonick

Sputniks orbit planet face
Group Buy Associate
What's the go with Weber?

I knew they stopped shipping razor heads internationally, but it looks like you can't even buy razor heads at all now?

Are their handles just sooo good that's all they make now? Do they make them in batches like seasonal soaps?

Well then.. can anyone suggest anything similar that's actually obtainable? Unless of course someone wants to sell one.

Makes this and this look tempting.

How many different heads did they make before the owner stopped shipping internationally, then got run over by a truck and only his wife continues making handles? (OK I made that up)

I think Weber cut back their shipping to US only because they knew they would run out of stock. Now they have. I'm not sure why they do this but they have done it before in the past. It's just what happens with small niche businesses like this.

You could make an offer to @Mark1966 for his but I'm not sure you have anything to offer him. [emoji4] (I also don't know if he's selling!!! [emoji13])

The only comparable all stainless steel razors are Against the Tie (ATT), Feather or Wolfman Razors. And those are all $150-200. See if you can get one of the eBay ones- it's tough luck that it's in Pounds Stirling though...

Try the link in the heads up forum.

They were selling blemished handles only for $25 a coupel of weeks ago. Will fit any big brand piece head razor.

The ARC is already over 100Pounds and will go for way more...

This has happened with Weber stock before - went dry for a while and then when Ed builds his inventory he lists again.
...or I was right when I told @filobiblic to get his finger out and buy, buY, BUY as they were stopping production. I don't blame him (that's Ed, not Filo) to be honest with all the shit circulating YKW about wavy blades.

hmm thats a deal on the handle but i'm more interested in the head.. which I could use on the R41 handle I guess - if that sort of things allowed.

What are the differences between the different heads offered ?

hmm thats a deal on the handle but i'm more interested in the head.. which I could use on the R41 handle I guess - if that sort of things allowed.
Weber never sold decapitated heads alone. Only attached to handles.

What are the differences between the different heads offered ?
I've only seen the Polished Head. But in the past there has been a DLC (Diamond Like Coating - I believe?) and ARC heads which are basically different coatings over the stainless steel.

I've only seen the Polished Head. But in the past there has been a DLC (Diamond Like Coating - I believe?) and ARC heads which are basically different coatings over the stainless steel.
Spot on mate. ...and a PH is all you needs ;)

Uh oh clearing out....mmmmmmhhhhhhh
OK so I have one RRSS which I will definitely keep as a travel razor and then I have a Weber and a ATT R1 - those 2 might be endangered species, but definitely not in the short term. Have to give the Wolf at least 10 shaves and then go back and forth to see how we go...

I'm the same mate, just testing the AS-D2 for a bit longer, but mine will be on the BST soon too I fear - hopefully a little before yours mate ;)
...poor Weber, was a time you couldn't get your mitts on one and now the market will be as flooded with them as it is with Plisson synths...

Watch how quick they will sell though... Still a demand. And Weber currently aren't making razor heads. They may never return to the market.

just quoting you on this mate...

Are they not just out of stock re weber ?
Is what I've been led to believe, so am playing the waiting game :)
An Aussie landed one for the right price (usd to aud parity and being sold for $55iirc) before then may convince me to s top waiting though.

Mine won't be for sale for quiet some time anyway (IF at all). Have two other razors that will go before that, then I will hopefully also have a BBS-1, might try some more ATT plates...won't happen before the end of the year/next year...

If you post them on the right boards you can easily sell them for 100US$+ at the moment...but suspect every day Weber doesn't have one for sale, price will go up even more.

I read somewhere that Weber have stopped making the heads. Only handles now.

I have heard the same thing. No longer any heads/full razors.

$55 is a steal. They used to sell for at least US$70 with a few dollars for postage within the US.

Edit: Sorry for another thread hijack @alfredus- first the Eclipse RR and now the Weber... [emoji11]

Thought we'd stop hijacking @alfredus 's Wolf(man) thread, but continue the Weber discussion.

@borked , nice try chief but $55?, c'mon. I would be insulted to receive an offer less than $80 in the current market....and by the looks of what I researched today next week I could ask for $100 and keep raising the price in weekly increments from there.

Thought we'd stop hijacking @alfredus 's Wolf(man) thread, but continue the Weber discussion.

@borked , nice try chief but $55?, c'mon. I would be insulted to receive an offer less than $80 in the current market....and by the looks of what I researched today next week I could ask for $100 and keep raising the price in weekly increments from there.
Why don't you try that? [emoji14]

Why don't you try that? [emoji14]
What start at $80 and go up $20 increments from there? Hmmm.... With the way folks on here drag their feet you could buy an AS-D2 twice over with what I'd be asking....or it'd rust...and all the young folks (barring the hipsters of course) would be using hover-razors.

You still happy with your Weber @filobiblic or has the #102 or Standard usurped it as your fave?

I stand corrected.
It appears some time last year, Weber Razors inflated their eBay price to $77, which previously was the $55 I thought was the last relevant or current price.

Apologies @stillshunter if you thought I was low-balling you, as that was not the case, nor intent.

You still happy with your Weber @filobiblic or has the #102 or Standard usurped it as your fave?
Very happy. Been using the NEW LC for the past few weeks and enjoying it immensely. The Weber is a go to but I like to rotate it up. The Standard and #102 are currently on tour at the moment...

Hmm so Webers might soon hit the market, keep us posted.

I just got a R89 head to join it's German mate the R41 - so have to play around with that for a few weeks.

DRrJACJ.jpg

Seems Webber LLC has completely stopped making razor heads and will solely sell handles.

The knock on effect of this has been that Weber PH razors now regularly are fetching ~$USD200+ each. As with all things in the shaving domain it's yet to be seen if thats sustainable or just a short term 'I've got to get one' reaction. I think you can certainly make a case that they're still reasonable value at that price point - which in itself just emphasises how much of a steal they were at the original sales prices.

Last edited: