Canberra dwelling Happy Clapping Bean Counter
Staff member
Site Moderator
Grand Society
2016 Sabbatical Fail
2018 Charity Auction Winner
2019 Charity Auction Winner
2020 Charity Auction Winner
You have seen the pics taken last week - I've since got the additional shelves I needed and have spread the collection out a bit more.

The stuff to be cleaned up for sale, restoration/repair projects and assorted stuff are in the old cabinet.

I've sorted them into TTO and non-TTO, one type in each cabinet. These are the top shelves of the non-TTO

Top shelf - with a few SEs and assorted stuff in there as well. The Bostonian is the engraved one that we tracked down the history for.

Second shelf - I really like the almost NOS Criterion

The third shelf is Single Rings and various Old Types

The fourth shelf is where the Double Rings start. I really like the British Single Ring in the 2nd and 3rd pics and am VERY happy with my British slide clasp case in there too!

Next shelf is the 'traveling' shelf - well except for the random Double Ring! The majority of the shippers on these and the single rings have matching serial numbers to the razors - which is fantastic!

Another Traveler then the start of the Pocket Edition sets. The Traveler, which is not in great condition unfortunately, has the old Times Square ribbon on it. I've not seen many of these around.

The next shelf is a few more Pocket Editions and some Tuckaways

The rest of this side is just Techs

The other side is TTOs

OK, maybe a few British #77 and #88s slipped in here too!

I do like the British Aristocrats - although the prices on eBay at the moment are outrageous on some of these! The Coronation #66 matches a similar #58 and the Coronation Tech in an earlier pic.

The Christmas and presentation sets are nice too

The Presidents are pretty fine looking razors too - I have a sweet spot for them!

Of course the ubiquitous Toggle

Last but not least some more modern Travelers including a rather unique #66 traveler set

Thanks for putting up with these L-O-N-G posts to start the thread - hope you enjoyed the slightly better pics.

Again ..... Wow.....

Most of that is in such excellent condition!

Have you ever considered showing your collection? Like at the collections room at the CMAG? I went to a typewriter collection display there and kept thinking how great a razor display would be!

Again ..... Wow.....

Most of that is in such excellent condition!

Have you ever considered showing your collection? Like at the collections room at the CMAG? I went to a typewriter collection display there and kept thinking how great a razor display would be!

Thanks mate. I've never thought of 'showing' the collection (although anybody on P&C in CBR is welcome to give me a call!) and I'm not sure of the interest as they don't seem as 'sexy' as cut throats and the connection to Australia is limited.

I could be wrong though I suppose

Thanks mate. I've never thought of 'showing' the collection (although anybody on P&C in CBR is welcome to give me a call!) and I'm not sure of the interest as they don't seem as 'sexy' as cut throats and the connection to Australia is limited.

I could be wrong though I suppose

Fair call, worth a thought though, would be very cool if it ever happened!

I will have to take you up on that offer someday ;)

That is an amazing collection. I would doubt that Gillette/P&G would have a collection to rival that. Next time SWMBO wants to go to CBR for the weekend to visit say the National Gallery, I'll be dropping her off out the front and proceeding to the "National Razor Museum" :eek:mg: I would seriously pay admission to see that collection! (or perhaps a bottle of Ken Helm's Rieslings - a must stop place when I'm in the area..)

Who's Mr Razor now!

No I think Achim still holds that title (and he has better pics!) but I confess to being a little surprised by his response to my post YNW

That is an amazing collection. I would doubt that Gillette/P&G would have a collection to rival that. Next time SWMBO wants to go to CBR for the weekend to visit say the National Gallery, I'll be dropping her off out the front and proceeding to the "National Razor Museum" :eek:mg: I would seriously pay admission to see that collection! (or perhaps a bottle of Ken Helm's Rieslings - a must stop place when I'm in the area..)

Very seriously I'm happy to have people stop by if you are in the area. You should come on down and visit. Should you need any further encouragement you may want to check out what Centenary of Canberra activities are happening here.

For those with an artistic bent the Toulouse Lautrec exhibition at the NGA is on until 2 April. You can see details here.

If that is not your taste there are always the Canberra vineyards and wineries.

LOTS of reasons to come!

Oh, BTW. My understanding from reading a thread somewhere is the Gillette/P&G had an amazing corporate collection but nobody knows anything about it currently. People who visited in the 1960s/70s said it was amazing.

From other comments around different forums I'm also led to believe that apart from the obvious collectors around there are a handful of very serious folk who stay below the radar but pay serious dollars for special pieces. Litho tin Double Rings for example that they will happily hand over $'000s for - totall out of my league!

Very seriously I'm happy to have people stop by if you are in the area.

I might just hold you to that.. My eldest child (daughter) is getting married at the end of August in Albury - long story, he's an Albury boy, he's got more relatives than she does, hence the wedding location! If I can swing a week off, I'm planning a couple of days on the way back in Canberra on the way back. Not for the cultural enlightenment, bugger that, I want to raid the wineries! I'm not sure I can swing it as SWMBO is doing a science degree at UNSW and the third fruit of my loins will have to get back to school, but if I can, I'll stick them on a plane and drive back at my leisure and include a visit to the NRM (National Razor Museum) :D

Well spotted. Actually four of them in there - I blame you guys for the distraction!

Isn't that typical - the rest of the world finds one or two different razors they like and are content - Mr addictive here has to track down everything he can find and own it!
For the sake of the worlds population probably a good thing he preferred collecting things to the act of procreation :)

Mr.T's been on fire the last couple of days!

Yes indeed!

@ Mr. T - razor collecting is something you can do by yourself, at night, with a computer. Your alternative is a little more complicated !