Why DON'T You Shave With a Straight Razor?

Speechless. And I thought I had a somewhat decent collection.

Well done, count me impressed.
I've been collecting since I started wet shaving, so 12 years. I've been lucky, and havnt paid much for most of them. Its getting harder but it does seem to come in waves. 6 months nothing and then 4 razors for about $60. Shipping is getting a little expensive as Im sure we have all noticed. I've stopped buying brushes and soap and so it only leaves razors and hones.

I've been collecting since I started wet shaving, so 12 years. I've been lucky, and havnt paid much for most of them. Its getting harder but it does seem to come in waves. 6 months nothing and then 4 razors for about $60. Shipping is getting a little expensive as Im sure we have all noticed. I've stopped buying brushes and soap and so it only leaves razors and hones.

Yes, I know, happens the same on my hunting grounds. Months seeing just filth and then, all of a sudden.....

So it doesnt rain filarmonica razors? Bengall razors seem to be fairly available in Aus. Only the price jumps about a little. I've never paid more than $30 for one and did once pick up a good example for 99c.

I usually hunt in England, I'd say I get around 75% German razors and the rest are English. I am yet to find a Filarmonica on those auctions, it certainly hasn't been for lack of trying.

Mind you, I've got marvellous, unknown razors, for peanuts, but big names or big razors.... Not much.

Last edited:
These 2 cleaned up and ready to be honed.
53209514933_62ba722c8e_c.jpg

53208331412_4a75e59a68_c.jpg

The 3rd joins my Bengall in need of new scales. The old horn scales were shot and the nail in place of the pin had caused a split. Ive got some huon pine I might try and I think some red acrylic. Im not going to take off any metal. I just cleaned it up with some 0000 steel wool and autosol.

53209207866_721ec058b6_c.jpg