Yaqi WR2 clone razor "Sentinel" likely coming to Australia

Morholt

DUiX7UA.jpg

I posted already two shaves with the "Yaqi Sentinel" on a forum ... dunno, is naming or linking allowed? Let's call it Bertha & Burt for now?

This is most likely a clone head of the Wolfman WR2 1.55. The handle was called "Bullet" on Aliexpress. The stand belongs to another razor, the Styletto from Rasoigoodfellas.

This is a 1.5 gap only razor (not an exact copy, apparently) that still feels rather mild. It is very tightly clamped and extreme shallow or steep angles don't work, it is shaving a bit steeper and likes a scraping type of shave that can at times even be a bit harsh. But nevertheless I have zero skin irritation and get a very good shave with it. The huge gap is a problem around the chin and jawline, as finding the right angle and not ramming the razor into the skin due to the quite large gap is not idiot proof in this area. This is why I had quite a lot to clean up there in my first shave with it, my second shave with it worked out nicely.

It shares some characteristics with the Timeless Slim, which I like a lot as well: point it at some rogue stubble or not perfectly clean shaven area, just pull down and its cleaned up. Very nice! But it is much milder, despite being, unlike the Slim, not unlikely to injure if one is not careful in the mentioned areas. The huge gap is boon and danger at the same time, as it gives the shave a lot of leeway to pick an angle. The steeper you go, the more it becomes a scraping type of shave. And it does all that very well.

The handle is not as slippery as I am used to from DSCosmetics, it has quite some grip, must be the hand polish. The mix of spirals and rings, would have preferred either/or instead of the mix. It also came with a load of gunk. So polished outside, leftover stuff from machining or whatever gunk it was inside, brrr...!
The razor comes with a preinstalled silicone washer, when I tried to disassemble the head to clean it, it made that difficult as it was sticky as gum. I replaced it with a nylon washer, M5.

As the Yaqi Henson clone and some others came with quite interesting names (Akari, Delorian) to Australia, I think it is only a matter of time till the WR2 lookalike comes along, too. It shaves very well, one day I might be able to compare it to the real deal.

DUiX7UA.jpg

I posted already two shaves with the "Yaqi Sentinel" on a forum ... dunno, is naming or linking allowed? Let's call it Bertha & Burt for now?

This is most likely a clone head of the Wolfman WR2 1.55. The handle was called "Bullet" on Aliexpress. The stand belongs to another razor, the Styletto from Rasoigoodfellas.

This is a 1.5 gap only razor (not an exact copy, apparently) that still feels rather mild. It is very tightly clamped and extreme shallow or steep angles don't work, it is shaving a bit steeper and likes a scraping type of shave that can at times even be a bit harsh. But nevertheless I have zero skin irritation and get a very good shave with it. The huge gap is a problem around the chin and jawline, as finding the right angle and not ramming the razor into the skin due to the quite large gap is not idiot proof in this area. This is why I had quite a lot to clean up there in my first shave with it, my second shave with it worked out nicely.

It shares some characteristics with the Timeless Slim, which I like a lot as well: point it at some rogue stubble or not perfectly clean shaven area, just pull down and its cleaned up. Very nice! But it is much milder, despite being, unlike the Slim, not unlikely to injure if one is not careful in the mentioned areas. The huge gap is boon and danger at the same time, as it gives the shave a lot of leeway to pick an angle. The steeper you go, the more it becomes a scraping type of shave. And it does all that very well.

The handle is not as slippery as I am used to from DSCosmetics, it has quite some grip, must be the hand polish. The mix of spirals and rings, would have preferred either/or instead of the mix. It also came with a load of gunk. So polished outside, leftover stuff from machining or whatever gunk it was inside, brrr...!
The razor comes with a preinstalled silicone washer, when I tried to disassemble the head to clean it, it made that difficult as it was sticky as gum. I replaced it with a nylon washer, M5.

As the Yaqi Henson clone and some others came with quite interesting names (Akari, Delorian) to Australia, I think it is only a matter of time till the WR2 lookalike comes along, too. It shaves very well, one day I might be able to compare it to the real deal.

Great review. I checked with Wet Shaving Company the other day and they were not thinking of bringing it in. This is one Yaqi, I wouldn’t mind trying.

That's a shame. I wonder what Dave's reasoning is?
Dave sold the business a couple of months back, hence the rebranding/facelift of the site and the Triumph & Disaster additions lately. It's now run by "Tiff and John" of SALTY DOGS & CO PTY LTD according to The Wet Shaving Co's About Us page and ASIC lookup. That and Dave told me a few months back he was selling the business to travel with his wife.

Dave sold the business a couple of months back, hence the rebranding/facelift of the site and the Triumph & Disaster additions lately. It's now run by "Tiff and John" of SALTY DOGS & CO PTY LTD according to The Wet Shaving Co's About Us page and ASIC lookup. That and Dave told me a few months back he was selling the business to travel with his wife.

I never knew that, but I did wonder why I'd not heard from him personally as we used email each other a bit.

I never knew that, but I did wonder why I'd not heard from him personally as we used email each other a bit.
Dave and I had spoken quite a bit via Facebook since early 2020 and he posted something about a clear out of his personal shave gear as he was going for a minimalist approach. When I asked why he was clearing out his stuff, and the fairly aggressive EOFY sale, he mentioned he was selling then but it wasn't something he was advertising. It's a shame, as he was a great guy to deal with and had some good deals going over the years, which pushed me further down the rabbit hole. Hopefully, the new owners keep up that same level of customer service and personability.

Dave and I had spoken quite a bit via Facebook since early 2020 and he posted something about a clear out of his personal shave gear as he was going for a minimalist approach. When I asked why he was clearing out his stuff, and the fairly aggressive EOFY sale, he mentioned he was selling then but it wasn't something he was advertising. It's a shame, as he was a great guy to deal with and had some good deals going over the years, which pushed me further down the rabbit hole. Hopefully, the new owners keep up that same level of customer service and personability.

I'll miss him, he was fantastic to deal with. He gave me so much free stuff I was a little embarrassed but he obviously liked doing it because it was something that I never asked or even hinted for.

I'll miss him, he was fantastic to deal with. He gave me so much free stuff I was a little embarrassed but he obviously liked doing it because it was something that I never asked or even hinted for.
He was a very generous bloke, you couldn't tell him no, things just turned up in the mail sometimes. Gave Samson a run for his money. :ROFLMAO:

I quite enjoy the Sentinel. Although it starts off being a little tuggy, it does clean off the whiskers very well and the 1.5 Gap is nowhere near threatening. It's like the girl next door, while not extremely appealing on your first use, it does grow on you and eventually you will find it a very enjoyable shave.