Canberra dwelling Happy Clapping Bean Counter
Staff member
Site Moderator
Grand Society
2016 Sabbatical Fail
2018 Charity Auction Winner
2019 Charity Auction Winner
2020 Charity Auction Winner
Don't be an April Fool - get yourself some new shaving kit!

Post details, and pictures!, here :)

e009695663de6cbd004a6626abb5b5b5.jpg

It's on again. Might help fill this thread.

e009695663de6cbd004a6626abb5b5b5.jpg

It's on again. Might help fill this thread.

Noticed that too!

They have introduced a minimum spend -
'To obtain this offer, there is a minimum spend of £25 for international customers'

What else would you get for a nephew turning 20 ...

Had a couple of wines and ticking over the additional hour granted after ending daylight extended time last night and bid on this and won:
https://goo.gl/jlzCgO

From what know it is a Gillette Old type and needs a clean.
What shave should I expect from this and pointers/links on making it look beautiful again?

Had a couple of wines and ticking over the additional hour granted after ending daylight extended time last night and bid on this and won:
https://goo.gl/jlzCgO

From what know it is a Gillette Old type and needs a clean.
What shave should I expect from this and pointers/links on making it look beautiful again?

Nice acquisition! I own several Ball End Old Types, including a Canuck like yours, except mine has a cracked handle and a floral Pocket Edition style case. I find these Thick Cap Old Types to be a little more aggressive than earlier Thin Cap Old Types, but smooth and efficient shavers nonetheless.

The razor's gold plating looks mostly intact, so I would clean it in a solution of warm water and mild detergent, and then soak in barbicide or isopropyl alcohol to sanitise. Polishes can damage the thin gold plating applied to these razors.

Nice acquisition! I own several Ball End Old Types, including a Canuck like yours, except mine has a cracked handle and a floral Pocket Edition style case. I find these Thick Cap Old Types to be a little more aggressive than earlier Thin Cap Old Types, but smooth and efficient shavers nonetheless.
The razor's gold plating looks mostly intact, so I would clean it in a solution of warm water and mild detergent, and then soak in barbicide or isopropyl alcohol to sanitise. Polishes can damage the thin gold plating applied to these razors.

Gold plated!! Thought it was all brass and readied to use a brass polish on it as I haven't done any research on it so far.
Thank you for the intel @huntereyes_

Aggressive on the mild side?
So a soak and toothbrush will release the green plaque between the teeth?
Do I replate it @Mark1966

Excited now... feeling the RAD kicking in.. like a good coffee :coffee:

Not exactly a new acquisition but it is. Okay! Bought a brush some months ago, used it twice and the handle split at the join between the resin and the timber. Sent it back and Bernd replaced it. Here is the replacement. I actually like the knot and handle stock much better than the original. And yes, apparently that is two band hair. 28mm at the handle, 50mm loft.

jUlpuyj.jpg
9GdmZrd.jpg
2VMtene.jpg

Wonderful brush @Sxot - congratulations (y)

Not exactly a new acquisition but it is. Okay! Bought a brush some months ago, used it twice and the handle split at the join between the resin and the timber. Sent it back and Bernd replaced it. Here is the replacement. I actually like the knot and handle stock much better than the original. And yes, apparently that is two band hair. 28mm at the handle, 50mm loft.

jUlpuyj.jpg
9GdmZrd.jpg
2VMtene.jpg

Woops - I lied. 52mm loft

28mm D01 Silver Tip at 52mm loft Fan

New brush arrived today. Came in a lovely wooden box with a stand included. As you can see from the test lather shots it whipped up a great lather and first impressions are very positive. Good backbone and excellent flow through. The knot is not overly dense but there is certainly no shortage of hairs either. The kicker is that this brush cost $50 AUD delivered.....

(apologies for the absolutely shocking quality on the pictures)

kVh8NOM.jpg

azmWoHE.jpg

7LKxEpt.jpg

a1S1fTY.jpg

WNGhBcU.jpg

nkmQz7c.jpg

jFtEypQ.jpg

Always great to get a package and see the name of @todras on the back :)

This one is no exception -

Looking forward to them both.

Well, it's nice to know I obviously have impeccable taste!

Funny, I thought the same thing when I saw your post yesterday ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.