ARKO August is almost here

And on that subject, word is that Tabac has been reformulated again and is now non-tallow. If you want to try the tallow version, now might be the time to buy.

La Toja is a fantstatic shave stick as well and worth trying.

What! More reformulation - it should be banned

I’ll be doing Austere August.
Same soap
Same razor
Same brush
Same blade
Same aftershave

I’ve picked out my soap and aftershave, as well as brush, but not sure what razor and blade just yet. Oh, and it’s not “stick to just an Astra blade” it’s use the same single blade for 31 days.

Same soap
Same razor
Same brush
Same blade
Same aftershave

I’ve picked out my soap and aftershave, as well as brush, but not sure what razor and blade just yet. Oh, and it’s not “stick to just an Astra blade” it’s use the same single blade for 31 days.
I could happily do that also:

ARKO soap stick
Cadman "Bengall" ⅝ straight razor
Chinese brush
Wahl Bay Rum/witch hazel mix aftershave

A perfect combination for me and all are the cheapest in my collection.

Same soap
Same razor
Same brush
Same blade
Same aftershave

One SOTD picture for a whole month, I like that!

Same soap
Same razor
Same brush
Same blade
Same aftershave

Self-flagellation, modification of the flesh... I've got a hair-shirt to sell you if you're interested, and maybe a nice comfy iron-maiden to sleep in at night. Only room for one occupant... :LOL:

Can i ask, never having used a stick soap how do you lather them up?
Face lather or rub it into a bowl or something or maybe cut shavings into a bowl?
Im curious about the tabac sticks.
What I find best for me with an ARKO stick is to:
  • Wash face with bath soap and water.
  • Rinse soap off face and leave wet.
  • Wet the end of the shave stick and rub it into your whiskers. You will soon learn how much suites you.
  • Face lather with a damp shaving brush until the lather is to your liking.
  • Shave.
Using this method, an ARKO stick will last me about 150 x 3-pass full-face shaves.

20210729-112418.jpg

Ready for Arko August :LOL:

Bang for your buck it’s still the best out there. Yeah the fragrance can be a challenge … for some. It’s also probably going to be the only reasonably priced tallow soap on the market sometime soon. Embrace the cake. Hear endeth the public service announcement.