ARKO!!!!

This is a thread with ARKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! as the title - it can go wherever it likes as nobody sensible cares

This is a thread with ARKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! as the title - it can go wherever it likes as nobody sensible cares
Ahhhhh thanks Mark. I needed a little of your reason to prevail. The penny has dropped. So let what happens in the asylum stay in the asylum. Got it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have much to learn to become an Anointed One (aka Mod).

The usurper schooling the usurped. (y)

Some things in life there are no grey areas

Would the plural collective for the Arko evangelists be a cake?

Oh God, you too Syd? I've a good mind to rescind that pif if you are going waste it on arko.

Oh God, you too Syd? I've a good mind to rescind that pif if you are going waste it on arko.
Guess some just mature quicker than others...

Well I just had a shave with the stuff. Hitherto any comments about ARKO from me were purely pot stirring. It was quite a nose opener to try it.

Firstly - thanks to Pjotr for sending me a sample (actually a good few cm in a nice stick holder to boot) I really like the community here sending things around and being generous. I haven't even checked into YKW since Phil told me about this place, just haven't had a reason to go there again.

As soon as the packet was opened a sniff was needed to see what the fuss was about. I really wanted to like the smell. I always back an underdog. I thought - right, so it might not be great but that's ok. Until I smelt it. It's a really bad smell. If urinal cakey is what they were after they nailed it. Ok not to worry, let's shave!

Started rubbing the dry stick on dry skin but it wasn't really working so dipped it in hot water and got a bit on my face, then worked up a great lather. It was a pretty light foamy lather, not sure if that's the norm. Shave went ok, lather was pretty decent and did it's job. But That smell...it isn't so much the old urinal cake, but more the newer urinal plastic pads. They are much better, they last a lot longer.

The question in my mind was "why did they choose this scent??" Why? There must be hundreds of scents they could choose, why this one? Which employee said "Bu koku kullanacağız" (Turkish for 'we'll use this scent' (to save Stills looking up on google)) that employee needs to be fired. And quickly. If they had the same product in say, a mild sandalwood it would be a ripper.

Well I'll have use it a few more times to get a better feel for it. But I don't think I'll become the fifth exclamation mark, or be evangelising at all.

I do tip my hat to regular arko users though, putting that stick near your nose takes a lot of courage.

Spot on brother, spot on!!! Hallelujah and tell it like it be brother!!!
Yep I think you and I, @Nonick , are going to get on just fine.
Now sit back and watch the fanbois wiggle out of the woodwork to defend this stench! It's not bad enough that they deleted my anti-arko posts, but next they'll doctor your post to make it look like you love the wretched stuff. Just wait, they are evil I tell you, E V I L !!!

Now tell me when you're ready to try a real schtick. I'm thinking Speick, it don't smell like piss-masker and aint even that pricey. And the lather, mate, none of that bubbly stuff this is hospital-grade yoghurt.

P.S., noticed straight after the first shave with arko, the avatar has changed. No more Leave it to Beaver weirdo icon for you mate! Well done…I feel you have turned a corner.

Last edited:
Try it for a few weeks straight and see if you find the scent changes upon you.
Also, apply more product.

Started rubbing the dry stick on dry skin but it wasn't really working so dipped it in hot water and got a bit on my face, then worked up a great lather. It was a pretty light foamy lather, not sure if that's the norm...

Operator error. Wet face, wet stick - rub, wet stick, rub, wet stick etc.

The question in my mind was "why did they choose this scent??"...

To seperate the men from the boys