ARKO!!!!

I hear ya mate! Again, if I were a Mod 'round these parts, sanity would prevail. I examined this thread and spied a few Mods contributing to the waywardness. I would keep it on track. I would keep it real.

VOTE 1, stillshunter for Mod!

you have my vote. but I don't mind ARKO at all.
is that a conflict of interest or something?

Since when do we vote around here ?
What is this, a democracy ?
We're not a Government!

Pro = lather
Con = messy stick format (no container)
Neutral = smell (some days it's ok, others, it reminds you of an urinal cake)

I like urinal cakes, it smells cleanliness, however I wonder why Arko sticks only with one scent? Imagine a Sandalwood version or Coconut :)

I like urinal cakes, it smells cleanliness, however I wonder why Arko sticks only with one scent? Imagine a Sandalwood version or Coconut :)
...or a fougere ;)

You can get Arko in the really cool container, not stick format (I find shaving sticks to be mostly inconvenient *unless when I travel, then they're perfect), for only $7.70 on ebay! Case in point..
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/ARKO-Sha...hash=item2a57ee927d:m:m32ydkE6XDnaqI3_PrcZbgA
I like Arko, and yes, even the scent. I travelled around Europe shaving with Arko and so the scent always reminds me of European hotels and their stock Euro soap bars.

Anywho - great lather, slick and cushiony enough. I find post shave my skin feels a bit dry, so a nice splash on aftershave or better still, a balm, works wonders.

hahaha... my father absolutely LOVES this stuff.. I gifted him a stick a while back and managed to press it into a bowl for him for easier loading.
I don't mind it myself personally, but I don't always go out of my way to get it! Performance wise, I quite like it, it's just the scent that sometimes doesn't have me reaching for it all that often.

On the other hand, my father has been using Palmolive Stick and Cream for god knows how long, so Arko was a major change for him! Mind you he's still getting through the Arko stick before he's even bothers to touch mine!

I'm not changing this into an advertisement, but given all the curiosity around Arko, we decided to stock a small selection of their stuff including the Arko Stick and Shave bowl as well as other Arko stuff :)

Arko is a funny beast indeed.
Most either love or hate it, yet almost universally, none afford exclusively a week to using it the first time.
It is using it a week straight, that it showed me it's true colours, both beautiful and challenging.