August 2015 Acquisition Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Little parcel arrived from @Anthony at ShaverHeaven today. My nostrils are in a happy place:

Screen_Shot_2015_04_18_at_5.58.28_pm__07373.1429402877.500.750.png

soap and AS balm

Screen_Shot_2015_08_14_at_1.09.40_pm__50693.1439521795.500.750.png

Mal__43825.1425813236.500.750.jpg

I think the AU shaverhaven ozzie shave cream is just simply overpriced. When i can buy good shave soaps form overseas for US$10-15 I cant convince myself that $20 is justified for friggn soap! Then they want P&H on top. So pass... Ive emailed them, they dont care as we in OZ have no competitors at this time, so will someone post a how to so we can do our own startup

I think the AU shaverhaven ozzie shave cream is just simply overpriced. When i can buy good shave soaps form overseas for US$10-15 I cant convince myself that $20 is justified for friggn soap! Then they want P&H on top. So pass... Ive emailed them, they dont care as we in OZ have no competitors at this time, so will someone post a how to so we can do our own startup
Bugger me mate are you serious? Or just poking out from under your bridge?

Mate. You can make your own soap if you like. Why buy any at all?

I think it's a very fair price for the quantity and quality of product. No one is forcing you to buy it. You can't compare to overseas soaps as their ingredients are cheaper to obtain. A lot is made in the States but here in Oz we have to import everything. Even postage is so MUCH more expensive here (than the States)...

Anyway, US$10-15 is A$20 here. AND then you still have to pay for postage on top. Your details are wrong.

You're entitled to your opinion but I really don't think you've right on this one.

What the????????

Anthony is one of the nicest young men I have met. His product is the best quality that he can make and is worth every penny. I get a buzz knowing that an Aussie can compete in a world market and produce a product as good and better than most. I am happy to support his product because it is a great product.

I don't think that they're over priced one bit. $15US today is about $20AUD minus the shipping. As a matter of fact, @Anthony is the most generous guy I've met in wet shaving and he can easily ask for higher prices and justify them without a problem. Let me tell you something, If this hobby was all about the cheapest you can get then all we'd be using is Palmolive shave stick every day. You get what you pay for. Why don't we just stop shaving altogether and grow beards, it's cheaper! Sorry but you're completely off on this one.

Out of the many soaps I have brought not only does @Anthony soaps work out the cheapest when you factor in exchange rates and overseas postage costs but his soaps are in my top 3 performing soaps from all the various companies I have tired might even be number 1.

Out of the many soaps I have brought not only does @Anthony soaps work out the cheapest when you factor in exchange rates and overseas postage costs but his soaps are in my top 3 performing soaps from all the various companies I have tired might even be number 1.
Shiiiit. That's no small word mate. You're of the elite on here that have dipped your brush into as many soaps as Gene Simmons has girls. ;)

While others have returned fire, I'm going to politely request of you to substantiate your opinion (as to which right or wrong, you're entitled to hold and respectfully share).
I look forward to your reply, as you may genuinely school me to something obvious I've been oblivious to :)

Indeed, healthy critique is what artisans desire to improve their products, in particular considering the disease their product all too often inflicts upon their users, fanboism! (shudders)

Are you serious? This is one of the most misinformed posts I've ever read on any shaving forum. As has already been pointed out, $15.00USD IS $20.00AUD, factor in the postage costs from the U.S., U.K., Europe, etc and there is no way you will get such a good price on what is, a truly great product.

A tin of Mikes Pine & Cedar landed $36 aud

A jar of B&M Seville landed $41 aud

A tub of CRSW Pura Fresco landed $51 aud

The cheapest artisan soap at Maggards is the humble Dr Jons ($7.95 usd) but with postage, a tin landed is still $30 aud

Interestingly the most expensive artisan soap at Maggards is our very own Occams ($35 usd) which is a horrible $70 aud landed.

OK America is expensive. Let's head over to shaving.ie instead. What's the cheapest item available? Surprise surprise, the monstrously pricey stick of ARKO (3.95 EUR) this is the only time I've ever added this to the cart. But, it's still $15 aud landed!
And your using Arko.
But it would be cheaper than ShaverHeaven.

Srhardy your maths doesn't work at all. Your opinion is writing cheques that reality won't cash.

ShaveDash.com sell samples and I think its a way of trying many different soaps from around the world before you take the plunge and buy a tub.
Sounds like TryaBlade which is similar. Razor blades, soap samples and aftershave decants.

Status
Not open for further replies.