AusFarce or AusFantastic?

Unfortunately it is the "unaddressed mail" (junk) that is helping delay the inevitable for mail delivery. Auspost does get paid to deliver the junk mail, whose companies are probably spending more on postage than all of the Australian population. I'm certain everyone gets more junk mail than personally addressed mail in their letterbox. The transition to being a parcel delivery company really started ramping up a few years ago when previously small suburban "bike only" Mail Delivery Centres started transitioning bike posties to delivery van drivers within that same small depot. Something that was historically the "van contractor's" domain. Add in the 3 wheel electric trikes they are using now as well, you can easily see how the company is trying desperately to stay relevant and viable in the face of an archaic and outdated stamp/letter communications logistic system dying right out from under them. At least they had the foresight to diversify their business model well before it was too late to save the company. Plenty before them around the world didn't. Imagine paying private companies to move our parcels without their main competitor keeping prices low for us all.:unsure:
The electric trikes were to allow more staff to deliver without needing a bike license wasn't it?

That was a very small part of the short term strategy, yes. But the main motivator in bringing in the EV's was to remove thousands of motorbikes from the national fleet also. Too many incidents and serious injuries every day with motorbikes across the country. Too many posties mostly through no real fault of their own getting hurt every day, something that had to stop. Happy coincidence though, the EV carries more parcels than a motorbike ever could. It's almost like they were designed that way. :unsure: ;):)

Details​

Date & time​

Column, event details,
Item processed at facility
MELBOURNE VIC
Column, event date and time,
Fri 14 Apr, 7.56pm

Column, event details,
Arrived at sorting facility
NORTH WOLLONGONG NSW
Column, event date and time,
Thu 6 Apr, 1.46am

I live 35 Km north of Wollongong; guess they decided that the parcel got too close at North Wollongong last week and sent it via a detour to Melbourne 900 Km away.
Fark.

There is nothing postal about AusPost. Absolutely !^%#$@* useless.

D7gbq40.gif

Here's a new one for you. Parcel sent to parcel locker, arrived today. Postie dropped it in the locker then marked it as delivered, so I don't have a code to open the parcel locker. I drove 30 minutes to come get this thing and now I have to sit on hold to Auspost to unlock it for me 🥴

Edit: have some photos and an update. Sitting at the parcel locker on the phone to support for 20 minutes, on hold for 25 of those. Parcel will be retrieved in 2-3 business days and available to collect at the local post office, 30 minutes away from my house. #$&@ Auspost

Last edited:
Here's a new one for you. Parcel sent to parcel locker, arrived today. Postie dropped it in the locker then marked it as delivered, so I don't have a code to open the parcel locker. I drove 30 minutes to come get this thing and now I have to sit on hold to Auspost to unlock it for me 🥴

Edit: have some photos and an update. Sitting at the parcel locker on the phone to support for 20 minutes, on hold for 25 of those. Parcel will be retrieved in 2-3 business days and available to collect at the local post office, 30 minutes away from my house. #$&@ Auspost

Download AustPost app to your to keep track of your parcel, along with your AustPost account details including email address.

Everything will goto your AustPost app and you’ll have access code to collect your parcel so you don’t have to wait.

Make sure you registered your own Parcel Locker and Parcel Collected registration number, without your own AustPost registration number you won’t be able to collect.

See AustPost YouTube for details about your own Parcel registration number.

Download AustPost app to your to keep track of your parcel, along with your AustPost account details including email address.

Everything will goto your AustPost app and you’ll have access code to collect your parcel so you don’t have to wait.

Make sure you registered your own Parcel Locker and Parcel Collected registration number, without your own AustPost registration number you won’t be able to collect.

See AustPost YouTube for details about your own Parcel registration number.
Lol @SpeedyPC the pictures are screenshots from the app and the parcel is marked as delivered not awaiting collection so a code was never generated 😂

I've ordered a part for my flight sim cockpit setup. It's appeared on my Auspost app but the details appear not to have my house number, only the street name and suburb. It doesn't include my name either, just an ebay handle which isn't mine anyway. I guess that's what I get relying on stores whose first language isn't English.

So I just hope that the contractor driver realises it's mine. I'm confident he will, he delivers to my place so often, both my wife and I are on a first name basis with him.

I've ordered a part for my flight sim cockpit setup. It's appeared on my Auspost app but the details appear not to have my house number, only the street name and suburb. It doesn't include my name either, just an ebay handle which isn't mine anyway. I guess that's what I get relying on stores whose first language isn't English.

So I just hope that the contractor driver realises it's mine. I'm confident he will, he delivers to my place so often, both my wife and I are on a first name basis with him.
Contact Auspost with the tracing details and see if they can update the details for you.

Contact Auspost with the tracing details and see if they can update the details for you.
Sorted.

I logged in to Auspost and put in a change of delivery address. I will add a couple of days to the time but at least the address is correct now.