AusFarce or AusFantastic?

Left Sydney en-route to Canberra and then ...

Cch2FOhl.png

That's normal for Aust Post, they shift it from a facility in Sydney (Alexandria, I think), but say it's on its way to its destination when in actual fact, it's taken to their sorting facility in Chullora and then sent to its destination.

That's normal for Aust Post, they shift it from a facility in Sydney (Alexandria, I think), but say it's on its way to its destination when in actual fact, it's taken to their sorting facility in Chullora and then sent to its destination.

Interesting!

Alexandria is what they call a Business Hub (or use to be, might have changed again by now). The one tonne vans for that part of town operate out of that facility, and it is substantial depot, but it is a primary collection centre for high volume of van traffic. Generalised consolidation of the freight occurs here, and is then sent on trucks to Chullora, the BIG depot for sorting and interstate truck linehaul to it's destination. Express Post gets diverted into the formerly known as StarTrack Express Air Courier Network in different depots and takes a more direct logistic journey to airport centric depots for distribution.
Basically the biggest depots can't cope with the high traffic from thousands of small vans in each city every day. Freight is consolidated in the suburbs and then trucked to the big depots for bigger trucking or flying out of the state.
Same in reverse, freight coming into the city arrives at the big house, is sorted to suburb by delivery van run, then sent out on trucks to the parcel centres (formerly known as business hubs) and it all starts again, every day.

Despite arriving at the Fyshwick Depot at 8:40am Friday it is still not in my PO Box today ...

I'm waiting on a small packet from WA. It took less time for it to go from Perth to Sydney, than it's taken for it to go from Sydney to Newcastle.

Despite arriving at the Fyshwick Depot at 8:40am Friday it is still not in my PO Box today ...

... and it didn't arrive till Wednesday!

This Parcel has been a pain in my arse for months and this is the second one as the first one was sent out in late early October and is currently doing the rounds in Austria!

Untitled.png

This Parcel has been a pain in my arse for months and this is the second one as the first one was sent out in late early October and is currently doing the rounds in Austria!

Untitled.png

It has been delivered TWICE, what are you complaining about :ROFLMAO:

Untitled.png
Maybe they'd understand you better if you spelt "arse" as "ass". :unsure:

(Incidentally, I think this might be the only case where I prefer the American spelling)

Untitled.png
Spent one hour on the phone for this one today, 20 minutes to progress to the front of the queue, and then 40 minutes of waiting to be disconnected. Back on the line to be 10th in the queue! 😭