Becoming a Full-Time Shaving Advocate!

WOW - amazing how this world has grown!

Welcome Mantic - your videos have been a revelation for me when I started out and also when I couldn't get my neck smooth - your J-hooks saved the day!

Welcome to P&C Mantic.

Last week I took early retirement from my 9-5 desk job to become a full-time shaving/grooming advocate.
I read that on Twitter/Facebook- congratulations on the move as it seems like a direction where your heart is leading you. A big, bold move indeed. [emoji106]

What would you like my role here to be?
Now there's a question! I think @Monsta_AU would be the main person to speak to (via PM). He's setup and directs the forum. It's been around quite a while, but always been smaller than the giant forums overseas. We're a friendly and relaxed bunch of blokes that like to get off topic and don't take ourselves too seriously.

We do like to hear what's going on around the shaving world, so links to articles, forums, discussions are all good. But keep in mind that we're not afraid to call it for what it is... If someone doesn't agree, they'll let people know but we keep it fair and above board. I don't think there has been any problems on the whole. We just assume everyone has their tongue firmly planted in their cheek.

One thing to keep in mind is that American and Australian cultures are very different. One way is that we tend to cut the big guy down, and speak equally about everyone. (Hence we don't use the word "gentlemen" or puff ourselves up.) No one big notes themselves; we see ourselves are mates/friends/shaving buddies. We also call a spade a spade and are quite direct. Aussies also like to make fun of everything and everyone. Jokes, puns and comments that go off track are all part and parcel of being a bloke.

I'm not saying this to you specifically Mantic, I'm just making a general comment as sometimes the Aussie joking culture is taken too seriously. Since this is a worldwide forum, we have people from all over the world join in. So it's good to be upfront about the Aussie state of affairs. [emoji106]

Now that's a fair chunk of text so I hope you don't mind. It's great that you're with us and happy to serve as a "advocate" for wet shaving. [emoji4]

@mantic59 maybe the question should be what you would like your role here to be ?
It is a pursuit of passion, that has lead to you retiring early to place more time into this passion of oyurs, so what do you desire to share here with us, or would you like this to be your recluse from the rest of the shave world where you can kick back and just be ?
Only you know and it is your choice mate :)

Jeez first @Leisureguy and now @mantic59 ....what's next Gonzo or ShaveBusta.....oh no, not Busta.

G'day @mantic59 grab a beer, get over to the barbie for a snag and no don't pull up them shorts....ummm 'shorts' mate no chinos 'round here!

Nice to see you around these parts @mantic59 - I assumed it was an April's Fools when I saw this news the other day. Best of luck with it all!

Nice to see you around these parts @mantic59 - I assumed it was an April's Fools when I saw this news the other day. Best of luck with it all!
Ouch! I guess nothing serious can happen around 1 April these days... Too bad for those whose birthday is on that date.

...One thing to keep in mind is that American and Australian cultures are very different. One way is that we tend to cut the big guy down, and speak equally about everyone. (Hence we don't use the word "gentlemen" or puff ourselves up.) No one big notes themselves; we see ourselves are mates/friends/shaving buddies. We also call a spade a spade and are quite direct. Aussies also like to make fun of everything and everyone. Jokes, puns and comments that go off track are all part and parcel of being a bloke.
I've heard that before. I believe my proper response would be to call you all a bunch of clever cunts. ;)

If Marco turns up he's getting an instant ban...
If @Marco does turn up, @Drubbing must be the man to do it!!! He must be the man to administer that ban!
Curious to see whether you'll conduct yourself like a dog or a cat, i.e., will it be an instantaneous demise or will you toy with him for a while for your pleasure and at your leisure...Hmmmm...

I've heard that before. I believe my proper response would be to call you all a bunch of clever cunts. ;)
Cunny funt, aren't ya ? ;)
With that, welcome indeed :)

If Marco turns up he's getting an instant ban...
Nah, I challenge you to convert him to our ways :)
Think of the fun you could have countering his ways as a part of his re-education...
At least that way, it affords the very minimum, a right (or is that wrong) of reply.