Becoming a Full-Time Shaving Advocate!

I've heard that before. I believe my proper response would be to call you all a bunch of clever cunts. ;)
And with that... The gates opened and we kinda got a little off track. Ah! But that's very normal around here. [emoji6] You're going to fit right in...

@mantic59 maybe the question should be what you would like your role here to be ?

Yes, exactly this my friend, what would you like to do here?

First of all, glad to see the retirement plan came off, I think we spoke about you working towards it last time we had a chat.

I've heard that before. I believe my proper response would be to call you all a bunch of clever cunts. ;)

I'm quoting this verbatim - you are fitting in already.

Like all those kind of words, that can be used in many different ways. If used as a term of endearment then you are safe.

If that's fitting in then this is my cue to bow out.

Ahhh, c'mon. He's shown some humour, and gone in a bit hard, a bit early. And he's American. Do you realise how much of a stretch that is? He's probably needed a lie down for the rest of the afternoon.

I don't think he'll drag the tone down. Much.

I'm more concerned about the possibility of Marco showing up.

If that's fitting in then this is my cue to bow out.
I do hope you noted that others, including figure heads here have expressed that it is a tad overt in specific wording, yet intent behind it is noble.
Please reconsider mate.

OK, my "C word" comment was probably a mistake. In the context of AU culture my understanding is that the word has a positive meaning vs. the negative meaning that most of the rest of the world associates with it. I won't read Wikipedia as much in the future. :(

OK, my "C word" comment was probably a mistake. In the context of AU culture my understanding is that the word has a positive meaning vs. the negative meaning that most of the rest of the world associates with it. I won't read Wikipedia as much in the future. :(
Mate, you are ok :)
Misunderstandings, yet intent was correct *slaps you on your back and sends you to the bar to grab a round of itchy green pants to smooth things over*

Ahh wikipedia pretty much spells out it means the same thing everywhere…

you must be thinking of Bastard. Plenty of those here.
From Wikipedia:
When used with a positive qualifier (good, funny, clever, etc.) in Britain, New Zealand, and Australia, it can convey a positive sense of the object or person referred to.

Either way, I'm chalking it up to over exuberance, humility shown after when questioned and moving on...
BOT, yes I'm dragging the convo back onto topic, what's that saying ? ;)

@mantic59 what are your personal top three soaps, creams, brushes, razors and blades ?

@mantic59 what are your personal top three soaps, creams, brushes, razors and blades ?
Hmmmm...

• Soaps: DR Harris Arlington, Crabtree & Evelyn Sienna (no longer made but I bought extra pucks when I found out they were discontinued), Penhaligon's Blenhiem Bouquet (original blend from a couple reformulations ago)
  • Creams: Truefitt & Hill Trafalgar, Speick, Wm. Neumann (US artisan) Old Fashioned Soda
  • Brushes: Shavemac Variable Loft Brush (long since discontinued but ohhhhh, what hair on that brush...), WSP Monarch (silvertip), and a low-cost, no-name pure badger brush from Shaveplace.com that I've had for years and just keeps on making great lather without fuss...
  • Razors: Merkur Progress (by far my favorite, you will have to pry it out of my cold, dead hands), Feather AS-D2 (but only when used with a Feather blade), iKon DLC slant
  • Blades: Polsilver Iridium, Astra (green label), Crystal

Either way, I'm chalking it up to over exuberance, humility shown after when questioned and moving on...
BOT, yes I'm dragging the convo back onto topic, what's that saying ? ;)

Nice save @borked . Hmmmm...I'd never thought you the diplomate mate, but you surprise me. You are changing...we could use your type down here in Canberra. Hmmmm...

Although it isn't now, the "c" word was quite commonly used in the English language. In the Netherlands where I was (partly) brought up it is used quite regularly and certainly hasn't got the same connotation as it has in the current version of the English language. I think it's a pity as it's a great one syllable word if you ask me.

I think Mantics post was at best a little faux pas and at worst a cultural gaffe but at least he recognised that there is another culture and use of the English language here in Australia which is not something I can attribute to the vast majority of English speaking people that I know.

It's water under the bridge as far as I'm concerned.

I don't think there was any water to build a bridge over in the first place.