Bootleggers El Dorado

TomG

I have just blended and bottled some Bootleggers El Dorado aftershave.
The Bootleggers series of aftershaves are an initiative of members on fellow wet-shaving forum Badger and Blade, based in the US.
I used an empty Myrsol bottle - I reckon it scrubs up pretty well. Oh - and the blended aftershave scent is pretty much awesome.
The recipe is:
  • 2 parts Pinaud Clubman Special Reserve
  • 2 parts Pinaud Clubman Classic Vanilla
  • 1 part Dana English Leather

Mark1966

...when the General talks
Staff member
Site Moderator
Grand Society
2016 Sabbatical Fail
2018 Charity Auction Winner
Second that!

Might have to pick up the ingredients next time I'm in the US of A!

Mark1966

Staff member
Site Moderator
Grand Society
2016 Sabbatical Fail
I don't see the issue, Clubman aftershaves are available from many local suppliers and English Leather is available at priceritemart.com.au.
DUH! Forgot that ...

TomG

I don't see the issue, Clubman aftershaves are available from many local suppliers and English Leather is available at priceritemart.com.au.
Nailed it, Mate.
I'm struggling to find local suppliers for other Bootlegger ingredients, such as Mennen Skin Bracer, Aqua Velva, Osage Rub, Florida Water, and Superior70 Bay Rum.. Any intel?

Nailed it, Mate.
I'm struggling to find local suppliers for other Bootlegger ingredients, such as Mennen Skin Bracer, Aqua Velva, Osage Rub, Florida Water, and Superior70 Bay Rum.. Any intel?
Florida Water can be found on ebay locally, used by wicca and voodoo practitioners apparently. The other ones, no idea about if they're available locally. However Aqua Velva and Skin Bracer are easily obtained on ebay from US sellers willing to ignore the restrictions on alcohol. I buy my Aqua Velva here. Same seller also sells Skin Bracer.

TomG

Florida Water can be found on ebay locally, used by wicca and voodoo practitioners apparently. The other ones, no idea about if they're available locally. However Aqua Velva and Skin Bracer are easily obtained on ebay from US sellers willing to ignore the restrictions on alcohol. I buy my Aqua Velva here. Same seller also sells Skin Bracer.
Cheers - you are a pillar of the P&C community.

Mark1966

Staff member
Site Moderator
Grand Society
2016 Sabbatical Fail
There *might* be a collection of US "drugstore" aftershaves in a charity auction later in the year too ...

#justsayin

stillshunter

a man of resolve, a man of conviction
State Convenor - ACT
Group Buy Associate
2015 Sabbatical Fail
Nailed it, Mate.
I can see why the yanks be crazy for these splash hacks. Last time I was in the States I couldn’t help but bring back a stash of Mennen Skin Bracer and Aqua Velva. Cheaper than chips, and stares at you from every corner store Walgreens.
(but stuff is nasty used solo...I sold or gave all my stocks away a few years back. Kinda regret it now really...)

I can see why the yanks be crazy for these splash hacks. Last time I was in the States I couldn’t help but bring back a stash of Mennen Skin Bracer and Aqua Velva. Cheaper than chips, and stares at you from every corner store Walgreens.
(but stuff is nasty used solo...I sold or gave all my stocks away a few years back. Kinda regret it now really...)
Yep - you're right, Stillsy. Having said that, we have easy access to Imperial Leather aftershave, but it is unavailable in the US and UK. I've had a heap of UK wet shavers ask me about it.
Which has me thinking - maybe substitute Dana English Leather with Imperial Leather in the Bootlegger's El Dorado Blend -hmmmmm?

borked

Shave, collect B&M pokemon, vodka, sleep, repeat
Grand Society
Group Buy Associate
Da Menth Heads
IIRC The Stray Whisker sells, or at least sold Masters brand A/S.