Clearing the Crap

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL. Couldn't agree more.

We've all either made mistakes or been accused of making mistakes we feel we didn't make. Either way let's just move on and buy each other a beer.

I'm lost. If this originated over at B&B and it's got all the classic hallmarks (people not understanding what it's all about, not reading what's been posted, fuckwit moderators threatening bans) maybe you guys can either take this back over there or, if you understandably don't wish to be distracted by the general ignorance that is B&B, PM each other.

Oh and hello and welcome @D_Smythe.

Agreed. I don't want this sort of B&B mudslinging stuff on here. Please keep it between yourselves as vendor and customer if you feel there's an issue. On the surface it look like a very small storm in an espresso cup.

I will moderate if necessary, Monsta may decide to do more.

@Nick the Knife you might want to withdraw that one in light of preceding posts. From the length of your response I think I'm right in assuming you were typing away while others were posting.

I don't know the history of all of this (I have heard whispers here and there) and I haven't had time to read all of the information (both here and elsewhere) so I will not comment. All that I can say is that I have a couple of the PAA soaps at the moment and found them to be very very good and I will be buying more in the future.

Last edited:
Guys, I asked you nicely once already.

Take it off site if you want to fight. If you continue to do it here, I'll be recommending Monsta take further action.

Thanks.

Honestly I'm disgusted by the blatant parochialism and bias shown by the Mods in deleting a crapload of completely benign and fair questions I posed in a discussion thread.

I specifically stated repeatedly to tell me what if anything I said that was incorrect (as I'd triple checked the rules and read over everything posted) and instead you just blatantly wipe my posts and why?

@Drubbing with all due respect I'm looking squarely at you and I believe it's fair enough to expect you'll explain and justify your actions and what I said to transgress.

Relax mate. You can ask "benign and fair questions" and yet still be breaking Monsta's "don't be a dick" rule. They aren't mutually exclusive.

Just let it go. You asked some questions, Mr Smythe answered them and pointed you towards a bunch of other posts and videos where he has previously answered the same questions. If you don't like his answers, take it up with him privately.

Honestly I'm disgusted by the blatant parochialism and bias shown by the Mods in deleting a crapload of completely benign and fair questions I posed in a discussion thread............

Parochialism I sort of like. Bias is not strictly true because both his and your posts were deleted.

.......I specifically stated repeatedly to tell me what if anything I said that was incorrect (as I'd triple checked the rules and read over everything posted) and instead you just blatantly wipe my posts and why?.........

There's nothing incorrect. The posts were wiped because the discussion was obviously not going anywhere. Whatever issues there are have already been summarised by the OP and for both of you to come stumbling in four months later obviously means that nothing has been resolved. It feels like one of those bar scenes from a cheap cowboy movie.

Nick, we all respect and appreciate your sincere devotion to this and any cause or hobby you take up but you can get your knickers in a twist. Just take a chill pill. If you feel that strongly about it, all you have to do when somebody asks about these products is to refer them to this thread, the B&B thread the Forbes article and any other writings on the matter and let them make their own minds up. As it is you're not going to let it go and D Smyth is not going to admit to anything so what's the point? I'm sure crimes against humanity court cases in The Hague don't take this long to be finalised.

Ok, enough is enough.

Nick you've had 3 warnings. Thread is closed. I will not have you bickering point by point with people.

Any efforts to revive this fight will have consequences. Fucking grow up.

I have been stuck at work for long hours today, and then had 3 hours worth of work to do when I walked in the door. Now I get to see this - thanks so much.

I have had a quick look, and in all honesty - I can't be bothered to clean up. I put moderators in position because I trust their judgement to keep things clean and from what I have scanned over, that is what has happened. Each member will show the moderators the respect that they deserve when they feel they need to don that particular cap. Drubbing has my full support - and some of you may notice he is a Site (aka Super) Moderator, he gets the run of the entire site. Other Moderators only get sections assigned to them.

Nick - I don't usually do this but I will state it publicly because it goes for everyone. This nailed it:
Relax mate. You can ask "benign and fair questions" and yet still be breaking Monsta's "don't be a dick" rule. They aren't mutually exclusive.
....and I will add there is a certain tone to a 'benign and fair question' as you put it, but that should not be an accusatory tone like the vast majority of what you wrote which to be honest was complete dickishness. The rest of what I have seen from you today is not acceptable either, especially in light of being given a direction and completely ignoring it.

I thought I made it pretty clear in my first post in this thread that I considered it a fresh start, we put historical things in the open, and let people make their own decisions. Members are free to express opinions, but not attack others. And for the record I am not interested in importing that sort of crap from YKW including claims of bias and parochialism. At B&B you had moderators who were also vendors which turned it into a shambles. That's the whole point of this site, the very reason it came into being - I am not affiliated with any store, nor use this forum for any commercial gain.

We are fucking talking about shaving, let's get a grip on ourselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.