December 2013 Acquisitions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's no real hate for Astras. And yes, it's a perfectly serviceable blade. The anti-Astra posts are in response to Ybbor's attempt to elevate it to legendary status because:

• He's trying to wind us up. Successfully I might add.
  • He's got maidenhair for chin stubble and subsequently got a ridiculous amount of shaves out of one.
  • He accidentally snagged the one and only Astra blade in existence that will rival the best DE blade ever made.

In short, on a forum populated by vintage DE blade tragics (and I have become one of them) the amount of posts dedicated to sing the praises of nothing more than a perfectly serviceable blade was and is too much to handle and was and will be treated with as much venom and derision possible. Nothing more than a bit of fun in other words. I took the desperate measure of sending him some of my carefully collected vintage blades in the hope of turning him in to a fellow tragic. Unfortunately he's been away on holiday (by the way who only takes one type of blade on an extended break?) and until he comes back won't stop giving us more Astra posts.

What I desire to know, is what god forsaken country did he visit if he's not able to purchase DE's there ? (It's Xmas, I can use an imaginary friends name in jest)

I've been to Singapore before and could only find blades that even Pjotr would only show to touch his face once.

I've been to Singapore before and could only find blades that even Pjotr would only show to touch his face once.
Ybbor would make them last a week and us believe they're Spoiler beaters ;)

Picked up a nice week sextoblade the other day as well. Ordered Some Personna blades for it from amazon so will need to wait to give that one a try. 6th of Jan apparently is when they will be here, so not bad from the US!

Just to clarify, just in case anybody checking the picture will notice the Shogun wrapper, it's a wrapper only....wrapped around either a Schick or a Spoiler. I'm not that cruel!

Where'd you get the Milk Churn?

Picked up a nice week sextoblade the other day as well. Ordered Some Personna blades for it from amazon so will need to wait to give that one a try. 6th of Jan apparently is when they will be here, so not bad from the US!

My Army Cadet Major told me the only stupid question is an unasked one.

What's a sextoblade?

It'sa type of shavette. Uses hair shaper blades, they apparently have a bit of a following ykw, and I wanted to see what the fuss was about.....

Merry Christmas guys!

Thought I would post in this thread about acquisitions. Here is the bulk of my stash

EDIT: Ungrateful whinge deleted - sorry

Last edited:
Why don't you donate your unwanted gifts to someone less fortunate than yourself, if you are that unhappy?
There are regifting websites.

Why don't you donate your unwanted gifts to someone less fortunate than yourself, if you are that unhappy?
There are regifting websites.

Gee, did I sound like that much of a whinger? :wacko:

Sorry guys. I just thought the whole thing was funny - the family asks for ideas and then ignores them!

Wife knows how appreciative I am :)

$50 for the watch, it's nice.
So nice actually, that Seiko global and Australia don't list it upon their site!

To put it into perspective, I scored $50 from the parentals to purchase something that I desire, a $5 scratchie of my grandfather (that paid for itself in the win's department) and Uncle & Aunt gave me an IOU for some Irisch Moos they've had sent to me by my Aunts father, direct from Germany and I consider I didn't do too badly :)

Anyhow,... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gInkLwYvEds
Enjoy, preferably while sipping over your favourite beverage :D
Happy Sol Invictus everyone.

Gee, did I sound like that much of a whinger? :wacko:.......

Not really.

I've had that happen before. Wish was....would love an 10X40 pair of binoculars. Do not get 12X50 because unless you're star gazing they can be very twitchy. All that got through was...the old boy wants a pair of bins. And of course ended up with a pair of 16X50s.

I've between dropping (exact) hints that I would like a pair of Wahl (underlined, bolded, and italicised) cabled hair clippers for quite a while.
Got a Vidal Sassoon rechargeable jobbie instead.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.