February 2017 Acquisition Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I sort of like traditional goods myself. And to be honest, I have never tried one. So it's worthwhile giving it a go next year.

How are they if I wanted to send them a blank?

As in a blank to turn?

Don't know - but I've never seen them do that. While they do LEs and reknots of their older products they are more 'industrial' than artisan so I'm not sure - never hurts to ask though I suppose :)

@Mark1966 is thst QEII brush the one from eBay for $500?

@Mark1966 is thst QEII brush the one from eBay for $500?

OUCH!

No, thankfully. Didn't see that one - and I'm pretty sure I would not pay that much. Was it number 1 or something?

OUCH!

No, thankfully. Didn't see that one - and I'm pretty sure I would not pay that much. Was it number 1 or something?
Aussie seler earlier this year, if you desire to look it up mate.

Long awaited mail call today!

Some Spitfire Solid Cologne from the wonderful @Kerry@Phoenix&Beau - cracking scent from just opening the container, can't wait to use it. Much smaller than I was expecting - but I have no reason to really expect anything larger, I was just thinking soap puck size I suppose! As it is these would be a GREAT travel cologne, very compact and not a LAG I presume.

The other arrival was definitely long awaited. I thought of buying one (or indeed two with consecutive numbers for myself and my son) of these when released by Simpson but then prevaricated due to the cost and they ended up selling out. So I've been hunting around for a while and finally number 19 has come into my hands -

With the Isle of Man 2012 coin in the base and a lovely colour this is a great looking brush -

'Manchurian badger' knot in all its 22x48mm glory

Used only once according to the previous, original, owner. Not sure if I can use this now or if I have to wait until my birthday - might be a nice present for me :)

Very, very nice indeed. Congrats @Mark1966.

Thanks folks (y)

YRVQar2.jpg

Autumn/Winter preparations continue, via mensbiz

Good old Proraso!

Funny story there being I have used it once or twice a long time ago and since then thumbed my nose at it, I thought I would give it a run this winter as it is a Sandalwood mainstay really.

bf3d33d84f01ca5be20358b0f6c7f57b.jpg

I've been working on restoring this pair of ER 200s over a number of weekends now, but it's time to get them finished. Two Finest knots have just arrived from Virginia Sheng!

Very nice!

I have a few on those lying around I really should do something with!

Very nice!

I am always on the lookout for new acquisitions, if you don't care for them and just have them hanging around...

They look great.

Very nice!

Thank you gents! It's a fine way to while away the hours when some are available.

I am always on the lookout for new acquisitions, if you don't care for them and just have them hanging around...

I also have an Ever-Ready 1000 brush that could do with some attention, if it interests you.

Status
Not open for further replies.