Greetings from Adelaide

Welcome Adam, and just a tip to keep you on the straight and narrow here the soap to which you refer as Arko is in fact only referred to here as ARKO!!!! (an exclamation mark for each regular user on the board and capital letters in the hope if irritating the uninitiated. :)
…and what of the subtraction of exclamation marks for those who can afford better than arko ?

Because it's brilliant? Use more product if it's too thin.

I also got the proraso red on Sunday - used it this morning. I have to admit it was really good, I had been using the white (sensitive skin) but i feel the red gave me a much better, smoother shave with less irritation than the white. I can smell the faint hint of the sandlewood scent 3 hours after which is nice too.

I also got the proraso red on Sunday - used it this morning. I have to admit it was really good, I had been using the white (sensitive skin) but i feel the red gave me a much better, smoother shave with less irritation than the white. I can smell the faint hint of the sandlewood scent 3 hours after which is nice too.
The Red Proraso has a few fans here at P&C.

I used red exclusively for 4 months (one tube finished) it's great stuff. You have to try the green though (soap) it's just as good but totally different.

I love me Proraso Red too. Sometimes use it by itself other times I mix it with some other stuff for some uber-lather action….like it with LaToja

Tip with col conk don't skimp the load time. Good thirty to forty seconds. Don't shake the water out of the brush but make sure you use it all up before adding any additional water to your bowl. It will appear like its drying out before it burst out into thick lather as you start to add drops of water.

Tip with col conk don't skimp the load time. Good thirty to forty seconds. Don't shake the water out of the brush but make sure you use it all up before adding any additional water.
I personally find that the Col Conk is best with a cream and extra glycerine for an über-lather.