Hello Everyone

Marlow

is watching you faceterbate...
Hi all. I started DE shaving when I first started which was a very long time ago.

But it so happened that I became a long haired, bearded Hippy for several years until one day I was doing what hippies do and freaked out as this other bearded hippy came out of some bushes and I just had to have a shave.

I mean straight away.

Well my razor had long gone so I had to buy one and I discovered that razors had changed drastically (I didn't have TV during those hippy days, didn't need one).

So it started and boringly continued until recently when I was reading a thread on an e-cig forum about real men shaving and then a thread on a coffee forum.

Off I went to google and reading, well I read the whole 6 parts on Whirlpool and discovered this place in the process. Also that other place which you all call YKW, say no more. I watched the vids too. Very weird watching other blokes shave.

I ordered stuff from MB etc and am now luxuriating in Real Men's Business with a very smooth face, even though my woman thinks of me as her little metro-sexual now. Granted that I did reorganise the bathroom and ask her if she could put some of her multi coloured containers away as I wanted a Zen feel, not to mention the soap-stands I made out of black bamboo.:)

Well that's enough of my intro for now as I have to go and buff my nails:)

Remind me to tell you my story about nails one day.

Thanks for having me here. I hope.

Hello Marlow. Yeah it's weird watching other blokes shave. Almost put me off the whole thing actually. You're lucky it's only the metro-sexual thing you get thrown at you, my family thinks I'm beyond saving.

Hi Marlow. Welcome to our humble forum. And I have also fixed up your title.... it is just something I do around here. I can call Pj a Philistine (as opposed to a Phillishave which is a much, much worse insult around here) and get away with it. Well mostly. Unless Pj complains. Which is often.

We require pictures of these Black Bamboo soap stands. Sounds very zen, next thing we know you will replace your tap for a Shishi-odoshi.

G'day Marlow,
Seeing as you are a self-described metro-sexual I have to ask are they your legs in your avatar? If so nice pins mate.

Glenos

Hi mate

Great writing style! I'll echo the weird comments on watching blokes shave and am amazed you got though all those whirlpool threads!

I am a bit on the obsessive side so was actually disappointed when I got to the end of the Whirlpool banter but I did need a little lay down.

Hey,glenos, not self described but actually now that I come to think of it I can talk face creams and skin care with her endlessly. Oh, WTF is happening to me?:)

I love the idea of a shishi-odoshi as I was at Edo Arts last Sunday and admiring those stone basins. I wonder how those fat calligraphy brushes would load up shaving lather?

I am not sure how to load up pics as yet but my white alum block looks bloody good on one of the soap racks:).

Well thanks for the warm welcome guys. Gotta go and shave and then go to work. Mmmmmm, shave:)

Hi Marlow. You have awesome legs. I have a hot rack.

Anyway welcome to paste and cut.

Is it frowned upon here to comment in threads that are a few months old? Thread resurrection so to speak.

Being new I would rather not get into hot water too early on. Just trying to learn what goes against the grain.

Hmm, there aren't too many taboos around here.

Getting way off topic/majorly diverting a thread would be one of the few exceptions and this is because @Monsta_AU is trying to build up the content and thereby the sites search engine and and there by the traffic. Seeing as he hosts and builds the site out of gentlmanly kindness the goodness of his heart, I don't begrudge him getting some traffic and a few advertising $'s.

Oh and calling someone a gentleman would probably result in a lifetime ban.

Strike two. See Marlow?

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it frowned upon here to comment in threads that are a few months old? Thread resurrection so to speak.

Being new I would rather not get into hot water too early on. Just trying to learn what goes against the grain.
Don't stress mate, we're pretty laid back here. If you come across a thread and you want to comment, go for it.

Hmm, there aren't too many taboos around here.

Getting way off topic/majorly diverting a thread would be one of the few exceptions and this is because @Monsta_AU is trying to build up the content and thereby the sites search engine and and there by the traffic.............

Is that so! In which case I've singlehandedly and considerably reduced this site's visibility. Here I was thinking that going off topic was considered a pain because the thread turns in to something it wasn't.

Welcome Marlow,
I've only been a member on this forum for a couple of weeks myself.
You will find a lot of helpful members here, willing to share blades, information etc.
There is a lot of good information here.

RE The G word. I was reading on the YKW site that gentlemen don't use the C word, what a relief as I would hate to be considered one of those, a g man I mean, as I am undoubtedly a C.

I have been reading around the forum and it is a real down to earth sort of place.

Thanks all for the friendly welcome.

I believe I may be the only one on the board who can advise you correctly here. I am, I think the only member to have a comment not just moderated but completely deleted, As you sound like a semi decent human being (I do like a good pair of legs) let me advise you of the no go areas.
1: Do not comment on activities involved in the removing of the life force from male members of the pig family using projectiles propelled by chemical substances.
2: Do not regal the board with the fun times you have joining with your friends and neighbours and kicking your legs in the air with your arms linked,
3: It is also best not to chatter about your visits to purpose built buildings where you and friends chant incoherently to invisible people.

Any or all of these is likely to get your post visited by the dreaded Drubbing - whose hammer is mighty and wrath is awesome.
Just some friendly advise from one who knows :)

I believe I may be the only one on the board who can advise you correctly here...
1: Do not comment on activities involved in the removing of the life force from male members of the pig family using projectiles propelled by chemical substances.
2: Do not regal the board with the fun times you have joining with your friends and neighbours and kicking your legs in the air with your arms linked,
3: It is also best not to chatter about your visits to purpose built buildings where you and friends chant incoherently to invisible people.
WTF?
1. Shooting boars in the nuts?
2. I have NFI.
I'm guessing point 3 is a church service or relgious ceremony, potentially Eastern religion.

These sound like stories which should be told. To hell with Drubbing and his hammer.

I'm guessing 2 is some sort of reference to a "hoe down" or whatever it's called... Line dancing and country music involved (cheery melody with wrist slitting lyrics)

3 I concur is some sort of religious assembly