Hey guys

I was thinking about buying an alum block, but i don't think i need one at the moment, i know when i've had a bad shave as my neck burns. Plus for small cut i find sypetic pens good enough, But thanks for the suggestion anyways

I was thinking about buying an alum block, but i don't think i need one at the moment, i know when i've had a bad shave as my neck burns. Plus for small cut i find sypetic pens good enough, But thanks for the suggestion anyways
The alum block is an astringent like an alcohol-based splash or witch-Hazel. It's cheaper and easier to use. I tend to use it after every shave before applying a splash or balm.
It's different to a Styptic pencil or gel. They are a slightly different variation of alum and are to be used when you get a nick. I rarely use mine.

They can be very cheap - most go for just a couple of dollars if you know where to look. I also find them great for oily skin - helps to tone the pores. I wet it down & rub over my face, let sit for 30sec and then towel dry - NO RINSE.

Indian grocers are a good source, you can often find blades & Goodrej creams there too. Proper Mysore Sandalwood soaps too - although the are not for shaving.

I grabbed a couple from Connaughts on my last order, a couple cost me $3. Added another $3 to the postage though. While they don't have the same ones anymore, they do have these ones which are about $2.70 each after conversion. Much better value than most places selling Block Osma 75g for $10+

They last a long time too, even if used even shave.

Or you can also buy a can of coke and use the can after you drink the coke. It's aluminium too.

natralia-nourish-deodorant.jpg

I hit up something like that and yes, it does work as an antiperspirant/deodorant in the less warmer days.
It's lasted a good 6+ months of regular use.