Hi All...

Anthony

Trusted Vendor
Menth Dealer
Hi Everyone,

My name is Anthony, and I was invited to join the forums by another fellow wet shaver (thanks Phil!).
I'm located in Melbourne, Australia and am also selling my homemade Artisan Soaps via my webpage:
www.shaverheaven.com.au

So just wanted to pop in and say "Hi" and introduce myself to all you other fellow wet shavers out there! :)
Look forward to participating in the forums!

G'day Anthony. Phil also got me here before I realised he is on commission. Great to have a soap maker here, I have made hand soap once and quickly realised there are endless possibilities and variables and scent combinations. So good on you, and welcome.

Some people here are a little misguided as to what a good soap is, but most have their heads screwed on. Do you do any samples?

Welcome @Anthony! Great to have you drop by.

On your page you say you have a great deal of shaving hardware. What would you say is your favourite razor?
(Oh, and if you like razors you should check out the collection of @Mark1966 !)

Welcome @Anthony , hope your stay is fruitful.

A friendly tip/feedback after a quick view of your website.
When hovering the mouse over the item, is it possible to bring up a brief scent description ?
It will aid in end user selection and reduce bandwidth requirements your way, as it's only loading a bit of text, rather than an entire page.

If you seek unbiased feedback, we have a Paste & Cut travelling box, where us members and generous manufacturers add samples for us to try and review.
It may afford you an opportunity to garner a broad spectrum of feedback if interested.

Welcome aboard @Anthony .

Checked out your merchandise last night and am very curious indeed. I appreciate your pricing too, tempts one to buy more than just one. Having said that, I'm struggling to narrow down my selection though….so many nice sounding scent combinations. Curious that you are selling some nice injector razors but no blades - maybe if you stock more of the latter you'll get some of us fence sitters buying a former.

Have fun on here mate!

Welcome!

I can feel another travelling box coming on ...

@filobiblic Hi there.

Yes, I have quite a large collection of razors, and only recently got into Vintage razors as well.
I would have to say the few that stand out for me lately are:
1) Vallet Autostrop (using the compatible Feather blades)
2) Rolls Razor (I recently learnt how to restore them and have got 2 shave ready - I have about 9 of them in my collection)
3) Merkur Vision 2000
4) Merkur Progress
5) FaTip Grande
6) Muhle R41
7) Gem Micromatic

I could keep going and going, but I regularly rotate my razors. I enjoy both DE and SE, but also have 3 straights in my collection however, Im guilty of not giving them enough use..

@Nonick Thanks for the welcome! Phil's on commission? I had no idea.. lol..

Thanks for the welcome! I can't wait to get involved in the community here!

I will most likely put together a sample pack that can be purchased on my site (I have lip-gloss sized samples of my soaps), however, I've noticed a few people have made reference to the "Travelling box" to I will also donate a few samples towards that as well... I'm always open to feedback and don't mind going back to the drawing board.

The feedback I've received so far has been mainly positive, besides the tubs I'm using (which are currently being swapped out, and thus why the price reduction). I've been told performance wise that they are between Mama Bear and Col Conk.

I know what you mean about misguided about shaving soaps. Some people seem to think that putting some "Bentonite" clay in their normal formulated soaps make them shave soaps. I however have done my research, and as I said, look at it more like a journey. As I said Im always willing to hear back from my customers and make changes where possible. I try to limit the use of Olive Oil in my shave soaps, after all, I don't formulate them to "Clean" the skin, but more to hydrate the whiskers and provide cushion and glide, as well as leaving the face nice and moisturised at the end.

I currently have a few oil based soaps curing for testing, but I do have a croap that I'm ready to release in the next day or so which I think is a winner..
Thanks again for the welcome :) and you know what, from now until the end of November I'm happy to offer all the members of P&C 10% off everything on my store. Just use the code: pandc10 under the coupon code at checkout. The only catch is that you need to register for an account as it is not applicable to "Guest" checkouts and is only off the product not the shipping. I will also throw in a few samples as well.

@Pjotr Thank you! :) I hope I can be a little less misguided than others! ;-) Well I'll try anyways!
Look forward to contributing!

@stillshunter HI there, and thank you for your feedback!
Agreed, I was in 2 minds to sell the blades for the injectors or not, but, after seeing that comment from you, agree'd I will start selling them as well. So please keep an eye out.
As far as injectors go, I have quite a collection... so I just need to take photo's and post them up there.

Guys, that brings me to another point. I know I offer them with "no warranty", which kind of puts me into a panic (when I see others selling in that way).
Please don't be alarmed. I can assure you that the razors are in 100% working order. I have personally cleaned them myself (as best I could) and would not sell a product which I feel I faulty.
As you all know it can take a lifetime to build up a reputation and just one disgruntled customer to undo all the hard work.

So thanks again. Keep an eye out just in case I don't get a chance to come back to you in regards to the blades.

@Mark1966 Hey there.... I've seen a few more forum members make reference to the "Travel Box", so if someone would like to enlighten me on how it works and who I can send it to, i'd be more than happy to get one going.

@Pjotr I just got an email from "Phil" which was submitted from my website, however, I've spoken to him since then via email. Seems like a nice bloke and an active member of this forum, however, I dont know what name he goes by on the forums. He also suggested the Travel box as a means of people getting to use my products.

@stillshunter The blades for the SE are quite expensive, so I'd only be able to sell them for about $10.00AUD, however, there is the 10% off promotion that I'm running at the moment, so they would come out to be about $9.00 for 1 pack of 20 blades (works out to be about $0.45 a blade with the 10% off or $0.50 each normal price).

Hope that hasn't turned anyone off. They are quite expensive. They are "Personna" branded blades.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi @borked, thank you for the feedback! I'm guilty of having put together the website myself with a lot of reading and trial and error.
I will try my best to make the updates you have suggested but don't know how successful I will be. I know what you mean however, so I'll try and work on it as soon as I can.

Thanks again for your help. I appreciate your feedback! :)

Re TP&CTB2(The Paste and Cut Travelling Box 2).
@Mark1966 was kind enough to put together a "small" box of samples of blades, razor(s?), soaps, creams and aftershaves from his own miniature shaving collection, and with input from others such as @Occams who generously handed out samples of pre shave soaps and shaving creams and @Monsta_AU who added a prototype razor and (presumably) some blades from the Worlds smallest collection.

Others have added to the box as it has travelled around Australia, but it is now at it's penultimate destination and due to be returned to the originator soon.

Last edited:
No problem, there will be another run of it next year I am sure!

@Anthony I have added your vendor tags. Welcome, play nice and with integrity and there will be no issues arising from me.

I will be updating the Vendor guidelines shortly, but they are not at all onerous. Also all users from vendors will need to be identified as Person @ Vendor, much like they are at Whirlpool and the like. You will be given notice of this prior to it occuring.

Who's Phil? I only know people as SYD, JugV2, Drubbing (just to mention the trusted WA chapter membership). It used to be nice and quite around here. So it's Phils fault we've got every man and his dog joining up here?

Phil is @filobiblic

Hi guys,

Thank you for your welcomes and positive feedback. I appreciate all the feedback I get, so as others have done already, if there is something wrong with my page, or something you think isn't right, please feel free to contact me. I'm open to all constructive criticisms!

@Monsta_AU Thank you. I appricaite it. Please let me know what I need to do (if anything) to be set-up as a vendor. I am more than happy to "play nice" as I rely on the public to make my products better and enjoy helping out my fellow wet shaving community! :)

Guys on another note, as requested I have now put up:
1) Personna Single Edge blades - They are suitable for most "injector" type razors out there. However, please do your own research prior to ordering as I do not offer refunds on blades due to health issues (as you might expect).
2) GEM Single Edge Blades - These are very much different to the single edge blades of the injectors, and are similar to blades you would use in common windows scrapers, however, these are NOT the same. These are specifically for shaving with (don't try the single edge blades at the hardware stores for shaving! Yes they are cheaper, but, HELL they hurt when shaving!

If there is anything else, please feel free to ask.. I have a whole heap of Injectors to put up, but they are all similar to what is up there, but in varying shape.