Hi All...

Hi Anthony. Welcome to "The Club" and best of luck with your venture.

Anthony I just see the cream come up on your site were the cream section used to be empty. Is this the croap you mentioned earlier??

@Nonick Hey there. No its a "Cream" formulation I was working on. It lathers up very quickly and only a small amount is required. The scent carries quite well in this cream and your skin is left rewarded at the end of the shave.

In regards to the Croap, its ready to go right now, however, I swapped packaging to those aluminium tins from the plastic tubs because of some feedback (which I agree with) with the tub mouth being too small to swirl the brush in. As a result, I have a wider tin, however, my labeller does not make thin enough lables! lol... so I'm weighing up where to go from there.

The performance of the croap is better than the cream in my opinion, however, others may argue the other way around. I may have to do some "Test Lather" video's and post them up on my youtube channel.

You don't remain still do you @Anthony? [emoji4]

Thanks for being so generous with a discount and wanting to add to the Travelling Box. I think @Mark1966 may be considering sending out Box #3 soon based on your and @Barrister and Mann's contributions! [emoji6]

Mmmm... A croap sounds good. Boy, you really like to experiment!

If you don't mind me asking, what's your plan with your products? Do you have a standout feature you want to pursue, or a distinctive that makes your products special? I've heard some like to pursue novel and new scents, or others like to aim for 100% organic or local. What's your standout trait that you are pursuing?

BTW wider mouthed tins sound like a great idea... [emoji106]

What scent is the croap? I love croap. I also love seam, unfortunately no one seems to make it.

BTW wider mouthed tins sound like a great idea... [emoji106]
a la HTGAM/Synergy soaps…thumbs up to them for a real wide mouthed tin (no reference to the soap maker's current situation intended)!

Last edited:
In the more detailed description of each product is a list of the goodies in it. Just keep scrolling down down... more, that's it!

@Young Buck Thank you! In regards to your question as @Nonick pointed out all ingredients are listed down the bottom in the detailed description.
@stillshunter yeah I just got my first HTGAM (Cavendish... awesome!). I know what you mean by large mouth, unfortunately mine wont be as large as that! Although time will tell...
@Nonick The scent of the croap is "Forbidden Forest", very nice!.... its not your typical "Lavender" scented soap, let me warn you ;-)
@filobiblic: Thats a great question! No one's ever asked me that before.... I've got a real passion for wet shaving, not only the products, but the tradition behind it. Now a day almost everything is mass produced using machines, and hardly anything is done by hand any more. I was fascinated when I purchased my first straight razor after watching a video of how they were made, and how each person in the factory had their place and added their touch to the straight, down to the person who wrapped it! I was gob smacked!... given I can't make my own straight, I thought the next best thing would be to make my own soap, cream, balms, etc.
I'm not claiming to have decades of wet shaving experience, but what I would like to do is create a trusted brand, a tradition of my own that is well known in the wet shaving community for the quality and passion behind it.
Let me be clear in saying this is not my full time job, its something I do in my spare time outside of work, but it something that I've found to be rewarding and at times frustrating! I hope I've answered the question, and I thank you for asking it as it made me stop and think :)

Welcome Anthony. Nice to see a few Aussie artisans coming out of the wilderness!

@Mong Thank you :) Appreciate it!
@filobiblic Thanks for the link! Well who would have thought!... Thats awesome!! I've just ordered some "Sample Pots" for small croap samples, however, still haven't worked out the labelling system on my croap... I'll have to butcher one of my labels in order to get it on there...

In other news, I'm still working on a formulation for an oil based soap.. I have 2 different ones on the go.. I know I'm probably opening up a can or worms here, but whats everyone's thoughts on "Clays" in shaving soap? I know that there are those who don't mind and those who do... just wanted to get a general feel for people's thoughts as personally I don't mind, however, as a soap maker, I obviously don't want to make products that people dont want to use!

The only downside to the oil based is that they need to cure... so currently thats what they are doing.. and after that I need to get some feedback on performance, as this is my 3rd and 4th formulation, and to date, I have not been happy with the performance myself, so I would not dare sell it! If it's not good enough for me, its not good enough for my customers!

I find a fine clay is ok in the soaps I've used that have it (Stirling, Occams). I wouldn't race out and buy a soap that had it in it, but I wouldn't knock one back that didn't. My 2c

I like soaps that just work ™ and preferably have a nice hit of menthol to them. I don't really care what is inside as long as it works well, and won't kill me.

Have to agree with egg, it's results people notice and talk about. Whatever ingredients get the desired results I couldn't care if it has tomato sauce in it.

I don't care either, but I'm wary of soaps with lots of vege oils. I've tried two Trumpers and thought they were total crap.

Hi guys... thanks for your feedback! I remember reading a few things around the net, and people were on the fence about it... I don't mind the clays provided they are used properly. I know in particular the Kaolin Clay can dry your skin out as it absorbs a LOT of moisture, however, it also adds to the slickness of the lather. Also if not incorporated correctly, can leave clumps in the soap (which is not the case with mine).
I've played around a bit with the labeler, and have managed to make some that are some what presentable for the "Forbidden Forest" croap which I will aim to put up later today.
Unfortunately I do not have samplers at this stage, however, I have ordered a whole heap of sample tubs which should arrive in the next week or so, and will include free samples with every purchase as well as offering a sampler pack for sale on the site.
I may also shoot a video showing the performance of the soaps I have on offer.

Hi guys... thanks for your feedback! I remember reading a few things around the net, and people were on the fence about it... I don't mind the clays provided they are used properly. I know in particular the Kaolin Clay can dry your skin out as it absorbs a LOT of moisture, however, it also adds to the slickness of the lather. Also if not incorporated correctly, can leave clumps in the soap (which is not the case with mine).
I've played around a bit with the labeler, and have managed to make some that are some what presentable for the "Forbidden Forest" croap which I will aim to put up later today.
Unfortunately I do not have samplers at this stage, however, I have ordered a whole heap of sample tubs which should arrive in the next week or so, and will include free samples with every purchase as well as offering a sampler pack for sale on the site.
I may also shoot a video showing the performance of the soaps I have on offer.
Looking forward to seeing the video and P&C reviews