January 2014 Acquisitions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have nothing on its way, and currently no plans to buy anything.

I know a lot of the purchases we talk about here are things we have bought on a whim, but some of you must shave 4 times a day to be able to go through soaps and creams as quickly as you do. Admittedly I do use other soaps and creams, but Proraso green has been my mainstay since I started wet shaving, and my first tube of that is still going! Everyone here seems to rave over TOBS Jermyn Street so if I see that on special, or an amazing deal on a good brush then I may be back in the market, but until then I am going to start using up some of my stocks before replacing them.

I don't even have anything non-shaving related on it's way. My SSD from the Black Friday sales finally arrived from Amazon yesterday and currently I can't think of anything else I need.

This thread...
Sponsored by AMI

I know a lot of the purchases we talk about here are things we have bought on a whim, but some of you must shave 4 times a day to be able to go through soaps and creams as quickly as you do.

Well, some of us are obviously a lot more hirsute and manly than others.

Thanks to Mark I'm now (in)patiently awaiting the delivery of my first saftey razor (kit), a Milord razor, entry level FS badger brush, 5 each of Sharks, Astra SPs, Personna Blue Lab and vintage Aussie made Gillette Super Stainless blades plus the cream. :D

A lot of Aussie Gillettes, the one I am using seems to last and last plus it shaves great.

A new Simmos Classic. First one turned out to be a shedder @ 6/shave.

Mark is checking it out and should be replacing it. With a Classic 2.

Can we start a Simmo bashing thread? If P&C wants to play with the big boys we have to have one.

I love my wife for many reason - here are just four more!

Glad she is back from the USA :)

Nice mark! I always wanted to try the Oglala bay rums.

Nothing shave related but I picked a set of near mint Tannoy little red monitor speakers off bulk rubbish. Amazing speakers! Can't believe they were just being junked.

Nice mark! I always wanted to try the Oglala bay rums.

Nothing shave related but I picked a set of near mint Tannoy little red monitor speakers off bulk rubbish. Amazing speakers! Can't believe they were just being junked.

I know nothing about the speakers but the Ogallala bay rums were in the great P&C travelling box - did you not try them then?

I know nothing about the speakers but the Ogallala bay rums were in the great P&C travelling box - did you not try them then?

I didn't participate in the travelling box of goodies

That's a score. Gotta love the bulk rubbish collection.

I thought the near new Weber I picked up off bulk rubbish a while back was never going to be beaten but this trumps it handily :cool:

Yeah must have been cooked in once or twice. My forensic skills indicate that they had NFI and were trying to cook with the bottom vent closed and must have thrown it away in disgust.

I'd be surprised but I've seen my wife have an epic tantrum or two when something works the way it is designed and not the way SHE thinks it should :lol:

Nothing shaving wise.

Got a new car though. There's nothing like going from 4 cylinders to 8 ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.