January 2014 Acquisitions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What did you get

Assuming you were replying to me...

2h3n5tk.jpg

Nice!

I loved my XR6 when I had it - great car

I'm very happy with this one overall. Got an AUII as they are great bang for buck (partly due to the hideous styling of the AUs, but I quite like them in XR form). Getting a 220kw Tickford engine isn't a bad thing either!

This is a car of many firsts for me:

-First non-Japanese car
-First Australian car
-First Auto
-First V8

I'm very happy with this one overall. Got an AUII as they are great bang for buck (partly due to the hideous styling of the AUs, but I quite like them in XR form). Getting a 220kw Tickford engine isn't a bad thing either!

This is a car of many firsts for me:

-First non-Japanese car
-First Australian car
-First Auto
-First V8

My XR6s were the previous model and then this one. Styling fine in the XR form I agree. Mine were both manuals - had to be specified and factory built to order.

Sensational car that could be driven very nicely up the Bells Line of Road from Sydney to my in-laws in Orange. Had some mates in it one time and they asked about acceleration - they were impressed when I took off from a standing start and they were thrown back in their seats.

But what about handling? The large roundabout that I did two loops of at 60-80kms convinced them that it could stick to the road.

Woot woot - a fun car!

Nice one Mr626. I've always been a Holden fella myself but the Falcon's are much nicer interiors I have to admit and are a nice place to eat up some miles.

Wouldn't mind one of them turbo 6 Falcons. They will be a cult car in the future the same way the Commodore VL turbo has become.

Yeah, the Falcons I find more comfortable. I did find the EA-EF series didn't handle as well as they should, all felt a bit 'boaty'.

That said, I drive an '09 FG XR6 non-turbo myself. Been very happy with it.

Well I didn't acquire these, but hope somebody here did.

I think that they will be not bad blades

However I managed to acquire these ...

Only six of the original ten but all NOS.

Now, what shall I do with them!

..........Now, what shall I do with them!

Start a collection of the humble plastic disposable razor and expand that to include vintage bakelite razors. Better still, start shaving with the damn things! I'm feeling very isolated and alone in this.

In the meantime I've managed at a ridiculous price to persuade another reluctant German ebayer to sell me a couple of sticks of Sir Irisch Moos. Yes, I'm guilty of "OMG, shavepocolypse, I'll never find any more of this" but it's without doubt the nicest soap I've ever used and I'll now have enough in the stash to last for years and years. Pity I only discovered it when they stopped production.

Mark's been infected with silly plastic utensil disease.....

Status
Not open for further replies.