July 2012 Members Acquisitions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monsta_AU

...can I interest you in some vintage blades?
Staff member
Forum Administrator
Grand Society
What have you purchased? Let us know what is in transit for you this month.

Nothing for me, yet. :confused:

HP N40L Microserver

Gigabyte HD6450 ATI passive videocard-- Gone

Replaced with Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 6450
4GB RAM

/edit Grr! Due to a cock up at their end, the items haven't even been posted yet. It really pisses me off that it has taken over a week for this to come to surface, and only because I emailed them about it.
Was sorely tempted to tell them to stick the whole order if the microserver wasn't nearly $100 more everywhere else now.

Last edited:
I realised that this isn't really the appropriate place to post that, but I am anticipating it almost as much as Mark would be looking forward to getting his quadruple gold plated doodah.

It's usually about shaving-related things in the mail, but I love my Microservers too. I'm about to buy a couple of p400i cards for mine, and I also need to mod the x1 PCIe slot so I can shove the NC360T's in there.

I have a Belkin TuneBase Direct on it's way from eBay. Cost me $34 total (inc post) from the US, Gerry Harvey is trying to rip me off at $89 here.

Gerry Harvey is trying to rip me off at $89 here.

I just took a hit of $15 on a fridge so that I didn't have to go into his shop.
The fridge was $949 at Good Guys, but only $700 at Harvey Norman.

I could only talk Good Guys doown to $715 but decided I would rather spend more there than spend any at Hardly's

/Edit was going to edit doown so that it was spelled correctly, but seeing I have already been quoted, I will leave it as it sounds Scottish miserly.

Last edited:
I just took a hit of $15 on a fridge so that I didn't have to go into his shop.
The fridge was $949 at Good Guys, but only $700 at Harvey Norman.

I could only talk Good Guys doown to $715 but decided I would rather spend more there than spend any at Hardly's

Good man. Harder in the regional areas but the city has choice. I did buy my bedroom site from them but screwed them down on price and the salesman was desperate to make his monthly bonus.

PS you are doing far geekier things with your microservers than I aspire to.

PS you are doing far geekier things with your microservers than I aspire to.

That just sounds wrong. Also off topic, I don't have grinder because probably only HN has it and I refuse to walk into there as well.
On topic I am looking forward to this vapourware proraso soap.

In NYC at the moment. Went to the famous Pasteur Pharmacy on 34st. Picked up some:

* Clubman Special Reserve
* Proraso Sandalwood
* Booster Oriental Spice
* Ogallala Bay Rum with Sandalwood
* Ogallala Bay Rum with Limes and Peppercorns

The SR I L-O-V-E but know many people hate. The Proraso because it is not yet available in OZ, the Booster because it is so cheap and not availabe in OZ and ditto wit the Ogallala.

Decants and samples will be offered in due course....

The Proraso because it is not yet available in OZ, the Booster because it is so cheap and not availabe in OZ and ditto wit the Ogallala.
Ogallala is available, but the Australia tax strikes again Shave Shack . Another product you can import yourself at a considerable discount.

...off topic, I don't have grinder because probably only HN has it and I refuse to walk into there as well.
Almost as bad, but tried the Good Guys?

Ogallala is available, but the Australia tax strikes again Shave Shack . Another product you can import yourself at a considerable discount.

The trouble is Ogallala will not send to Australia because of the alcohol content I believe.

Glad to see it is available locally

Well, other than my beginner's kit I have two vintage Gillettes on the way:

-1 x 1965 Tech (Travel version)
-1 x Slim adjustable (J2)

I know that the travel Tech is probably going to be hard to use due to the size, but it was cheap and in good condition so I couldn't resist.

I wonder if its possible to change the shorter travel Tech handle for a larger one from a standard Tech?

The Slim looks to be in good condition too, and it will be good to have an adjustable razor to go along with my non-adjustable ones.

Yes 626, all the handles have the same thread, so something like a Common-Bar NEW handle should fit nicely.

Did I say two vintage Gillettes? Err...make that 4 :wacko:

Welcome to my disease. I too started with a Mensbiz kit and rapidly ended up with 30 odd razors and an assorted collection of dubious brushes. Finally took a deep breath and realised I only used 4 razors regularly so have called a halt to the ebay fun. Keep at it though, you have only just begun.

Welcome to my disease. I too started with a Mensbiz kit and rapidly ended up with 30 odd razors and an assorted collection of dubious brushes. Finally took a deep breath and realised I only used 4 razors regularly so have called a halt to the ebay fun. Keep at it though, you have only just begun.

The plan is to have some fun restoring the older ones and make up mini wet shaving starter kits to give away as gifts. Although...I will keep a few for myself :)

Status
Not open for further replies.