Site Moderator
Grand Society
2016 Sabbatical Fail
2018 Charity Auction Winner
2019 Charity Auction Winner
2020 Charity Auction Winner
Better late than never folks!

Tsk tsk tsk...
Continue this and I'll suggest GT takes the reigns for a month in order to reward *yes, that sounds good* your exampliary service and afford the Mods a break ;)

Going back to last months thread, he was only $25 as I got him straight from a small town's pound (Litchfield council down in Bee's Creek for those who know Darwin).
He is still "complete" and needs to be deknackered very soon...something RSPCA does for you.

Going back to last months thread, he was only $25 as I got him straight from a small town's pound (Litchfield council down in Bee's Creek for those who know Darwin).
He is still "complete" and needs to be deknackered very soon...something RSPCA does for you.

Yes, I was set right on the cost issue. Forgot about de-sexing as my FiL was a vet and he used to do that sort of thing for us.

Mind you it was always kinda weird to walk into the kitchen and see the anaesthetised cat strung up by her back legs on the kitchen cupboard while he did his job .....

Last edited:
Yes, I was set right on the cost issue. Forgot about de-sexing as my FiL was a vet and he used to do that sort of thing for us.

Mind you it was always kinda weird to walk into the kitchen and see the anaesthetised cast strung up by her back legs on the kitchen cupboard while he did his job .....

One could have a great deal of fun with this, but I am far to much of a kindly soul (I will only request @Mark1966 that you tell us the show, then our imaginations can run wild) :)

It's not shaving related, but I just picked up this...

TeleDeluxe.jpg

It's a 2009 Fender Telecaster Deluxe '72 Reissue. One step closer to my dream guitar...an actual '72 Deluxe.

Tele with buckers.. Cool. Not in my left hand world though. Do they still sound like teles?

You know they say a reissue is probably better made. You might already have the dream deluxe.

It doesn't sound like a traditional single coil Tele, but it's still got the maple neck and alder body so it does share some traits. Noticeably brighter and more distinct in the upper-mid frequencies compared to a Les Paul or my current Schecter (big mahogany/rosewood beast w/ buckers). It's going to take a little bit of time to get it to play nice with my amp, but my first impression is that it packs a good crunch with a slight tendency towards brightness. I think it'd really stand out in a live or band situation, it's got a really prominent 'cut' through the mix. Lots of potential here.

I did see a few comments about the reissues being made to a higher standard. The actual neck and body, I think there's every chance. It's the hardware that is the difference, because that's where costs can be cut. I already plan to replace a lot of it, starting with the nut (currently plastic imitation bone) and bridge saddles. Then the tuners (I like locking tuners) and maybe the pups and electronics later. I think I need to keep the urge to tinker under control, but it's just such a good blank canvas.

No luck finding a lefty Tele?

Very nice looking axe.
I'm a lefty too but luckily I found a Pearl drum kit in left hand.

Very nice looking axe.
I'm a lefty too but luckily I found a Pearl drum kit in left hand.
I had never considered that a left handed drum kit could be a thing that exists.

Guess that shows how much of a muso I am.

Per chance, did you notice if there were any glass nails in stock ?

Status
Not open for further replies.