July 2016 Acquisitions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a pretty well priced head. I am thinking about it. It's $29.99 on Italian barber for the X3 head. Hmm, should I?
I went with Connaught as the £ is great for us atm. I was looking for a Bulldog handle for the Tech Head and realised that for a little more I could get the 3X on the bulldog handle. 10% off if over £45 and much better shipping than the crazy IB prices.

I went with Connaught as the £ is great for us atm. I was looking for a Bulldog handle for the Tech Head and realised that for a little more I could get the 3X on the bulldog handle. 10% off if over £45 and much better shipping than the crazy IB prices.
Thanks for the heads up. I'll check it out now!

$80 AUD delivered for the X3 on a handle with a few blades thrown in. You're an evil man throwing temptation around like that.

$80 AUD delivered for the X3 on a handle with a few blades thrown in. You're an evil man throwing temptation around like that.

So was this an acquisition @Korbz ...? It's in the correct thread for it. :whistle:

This technically isn't a July Acquisition, but a very late June acquisition. My only excuse is that I have been travelling. And now I have used it a few times as well.

Some time ago I came across a reference to the amazing scuttles made by Helena Griffiths (http://www.hgpotteryaustralia.com/hg-scuttles.php) and placed an order. She wasn't doing any production back in February, but eventually it arrived,

exZGjVBm.jpg

Along with a soap dish that has the remains of a sample of Stirling Spice kindly sent to me by @silver.

I find the scuttle very easy to generate a good lather, and now that it is winter I LOVE the WARMTH. Needless to say, at this stage, I am not experimenting with cold-water shaving!

I can highly recommend one!

This technically isn't a July Acquisition, but a very late June acquisition. My only excuse is that I have been travelling. And now I have used it a few times as well.

Some time ago I came across a reference to the amazing scuttles made by Helena Griffiths (http://www.hgpotteryaustralia.com/hg-scuttles.php) and placed an order. She wasn't doing any production back in February, but eventually it arrived,

exZGjVBm.jpg

Along with a soap dish that has the remains of a sample of Stirling Spice kindly sent to me by @silver.

I find the scuttle very easy to generate a good lather, and now that it is winter I LOVE the WARMTH. Needless to say, at this stage, I am not experimenting with cold-water shaving!

I can highly recommend one!

Great post @DrBob. The scuttle and dish both look really good. Thanks for sharing.

Beautiful @Nightguard - looking very much forward to your SOTD and Lather pictures (y)

You mean like these?

1300_Voskhod_LadasS_zpsldhkngix.jpg

I think I have ~1100 - 1200 of each, so that should be enough for the next ~25 years :D :D :D

Status
Not open for further replies.