July 2016 Acquisitions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since May 17 this year when I stumbled into this wet shave mineshaft AKA Paste & Cut, I have spent well in excess of $650! I have so far found the pressing need to purchase 14 razors (mostly vintage Gillettes) and approx 570 blades, 3 brushes and......... I'm too embarrassed to continue! :(:po_O

TERRIFYING (for me) UPDATE
My last post in this thread sparked my curiosity for a more accurate estimate of my wet shaving expenditure since I joined this forum.... the revised estimate (and it's fairly accurate) is $610 give or take $20!!!!! New guys... you have been warned!!! :p

Last edited:
TERRIFYING (for me) UPDATE
My last post in this thread sparked my curiosity for a more accurate estimate of my wet shaving expenditure since I joined this forum.... the revised estimate (and it's fairly accurate) is $610 give or take $20!!!!! New guys... you have been warned!!! :p
Seems to me that you have got off lightly :ROFLMAO:

Compared to even you newbies I think I got off lightly. After 4 years I reckon my net spend is easily below $1k, with most of that in vintage blades which should keep me going for a good few years (40+) yet.

Compared to even you newbies I think I got off lightly. After 4 years I reckon my net spend is easily below $1k, with most of that in vintage blades which should keep me going for a good few years (40+) yet.

I'm pretty much with you, Mate! I have decided my spending on shaving is just about finished. After all, shaving is something I do for maybe 30 minutes a day... five, maybe six days a week. Also, I shave primarily because I don't want to grow a beard. I have got several thousands of dollars worth of photography and hunting/shooting/machining/knife making and leather-working stuff... but I get much greater enjoyment out of them.. so much more than a shave. I even make money out of some of these passions. I have settled on razors, blades, brushes which suit me best... just got to get an A/S sorted out.

Last edited:
I'm pretty much with you, Mate! I have decided my spending on shaving is just about finished. After all, shaving is something I do for maybe 30 minutes a day... five, maybe six days a week. Also, I shave primarily because I don't want to grow a beard. I have got several thousands of dollars worth of photography and hunting/shooting/machining/knife making and leather-working stuff... but I get much greater enjoyment out of them.. so much more than a shave. I even make money out of some of these passions. I have settled on razors, blades, brushes which suit me best... just got to get an A/S sorted out.
Check out myrsol if you have not done so already

Mail Call
yAnzgp7.jpg

Nice selection, except you are missing out on a decent whack of menthol.
Stirling soaps are great!

Guys, some members here have a single razor that are worth more than your entire collection!
Others have 4 figures in just soap, others blades and a select few would do that in stones, yes rocks!
Relax and get back to us about your newly found 'addiction' when you're selling the family car to purchase a NOS Bottom Dial ;)

@JKMD Everyone is a menth head, just most don't realise it... yet!

Status
Not open for further replies.