July 2021 SHAVING Acquisitions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
16f2pXs.jpg

Finally got my hands on some Sea Spice Lime! Super bright sweet lime, almost touches on candy lime if the salt doesn't pull it back a bit. Very refreshing,

Picked up the other two to round out the shipping. From Maggards. US to AUS, shipped 26/5 arrived 5/7. Almost 6 weeks. Bypassed June altogether.

Job lot of 3 old razors bought for $50. Cheap enough or not I don't know, but its done now.

Narrowed down the ball-end to maybe around the twenties thereabouts, but I need the experts here to help out with a definitive id. I wasn't able to see "an identical" example in the pics on mr razor's website (thanks @Mark1966 for that resource link recently), but it did help me narrow it down somewhat to maybe an old type, new improved old type, maybe even a brownie, I dunno :unsure: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ . more reading about the Canadians on B&B, but that didn't give closure either.
Don't know if being a Canadian makes it more difficult, but it is what it is. I'm just glad it survived around 100 years in this condition. No serial number, no cracked handle, plating appears all there, comb teeth are all straight and in tact, no plating loss, thread stem in head not cracking away from the head from overtightening. Just really tidy.
Cleaned them all with detergent & bi carb mixture in the ultrasonic bath, and just a quick rub on the oldest one with PlasticX to clean up the shine afterwards, and it is gleaming! So much so it looks hardly used.
There is a mint condition sealed blue (new improved) blade packet that might indicate age/id, if it is correct original supplied though of course. A lot can happen in 100 years with mix n match, even from the factory according to what I've read.
It looks like it might have only been used a few times (4 blades worth of shaving maybe?) and then just displayed for decades with the lid open. The faded purple velvet in the lid makes me think this.

So have at it guys, enjoy the pics, and what is it?

Oh and there are 2 others, aluminium handle, one looked like it wanted to give me tetanus:zombie:, probably only decoration now that one now it's cleaned up.
Corrosion and dent (peeled plating) in the edge of the head relegating it to the cheap seats. Handle is ok though.

eaVYFEs.jpg

ar8N6GW.jpg

WH8nFLD.jpg

o78AzgA.jpg

Pvm2Msw.jpg

XCl99t5.jpg

It looks like it's been treated kindly by its previous custodian, so you shouldn't have to do too much work on it. (y)
This was after my clean up. But yes it was in pretty good shape. I got to keep the gold wash on this one. I’m looking forward to giving it a nice edge and taking it for a spin. I just picked up some fancy Japanese stones so maybe I’ll finish on one of those.

Job lot of 3 old razors bought for $50. Cheap enough or not I don't know, but its done now.

Narrowed down the ball-end to maybe around the twenties thereabouts, but I need the experts here to help out with a definitive id. I wasn't able to see "an identical" example in the pics on mr razor's website (thanks @Mark1966 for that resource link recently), but it did help me narrow it down somewhat to maybe an old type, new improved old type, maybe even a brownie, I dunno :unsure: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ . more reading about the Canadians on B&B, but that didn't give closure either.
Don't know if being a Canadian makes it more difficult, but it is what it is. I'm just glad it survived around 100 years in this condition. No serial number, no cracked handle, plating appears all there, comb teeth are all straight and in tact, no plating loss, thread stem in head not cracking away from the head from overtightening. Just really tidy.
Cleaned them all with detergent & bi carb mixture in the ultrasonic bath, and just a quick rub on the oldest one with PlasticX to clean up the shine afterwards, and it is gleaming! So much so it looks hardly used.
There is a mint condition sealed blue (new improved) blade packet that might indicate age/id, if it is correct original supplied though of course. A lot can happen in 100 years with mix n match, even from the factory according to what I've read.
It looks like it might have only been used a few times (4 blades worth of shaving maybe?) and then just displayed for decades with the lid open. The faded purple velvet in the lid makes me think this.

So have at it guys, enjoy the pics, and what is it?

Oh and there are 2 others, aluminium handle, one looked like it wanted to give me tetanus:zombie:, probably only decoration now that one now it's cleaned up.
Corrosion and dent (peeled plating) in the edge of the head relegating it to the cheap seats. Handle is ok though.

eaVYFEs.jpg

ar8N6GW.jpg

WH8nFLD.jpg

o78AzgA.jpg

Pvm2Msw.jpg

XCl99t5.jpg

Yeah, couple of aluminium Techs, light, mild, can still give a decent shave, and a ball end old type. A more precise description is speculative, especially for a Canadian made one as they can be on a different cycle to the US.

Look nice mate!

Yeah, couple of aluminium Techs, light, mild, can still give a decent shave, and a ball end old type. A more precise description is speculative, especially for a Canadian made one as they can be on a different cycle to the US.

Look nice mate!

Aren't the teeth on Canadian ones a bit finer?

Ordered on the 19th June during the "Backer" promo code window.
Arrived today 9th July. $110 AUD ($79 USD) delivered to my door.
Rockwell T2 in brushed chrome.
Not unhappy about any of that.
Might have to make a stainless steel stand for this one. :unsure:
The aluminium one I made was just too easy.
Now to go and get it soapy this arvo with a new blade (Minora) for my new razor.:D

2OsfNBo.jpg

0n3mDrv.jpg

O5ZI6u6.jpg

MHEcxU6.jpg

Excuse the soap scum on the Model T (gunmetal finish), as it is in current regular rotation. Quickly pictured it side by side for comparison with the T2.

uHL9qeu.jpg

o9Yv83K.jpg

KJkLmHd.jpg

OOos8Dt.jpg
The side view of the v2.0 model T cure shape of the TTO doors looks a bit flatter, because, I remember the v1.0 looks a bit rounder and fatter which I’ve sold it a few years ago.

Has anyone else has the v1.0 to compare with the v2.0 model T side by side???

Edit:- I can’t find the information from Rockwell to see what has changed from v1.0 to v2.0??

Grabbed some Stirling samples from Artisan Arcade.
  • Duke
  • Campania
  • British Leather
  • Deep Sea Blue
  • Ozark man
    Already took the Ozark for a spin because the smell was the most immediately appealing opening the box. I can see why this scent has stood the test of time
Stirling performance continues to amaze me !

Grabbed some Stirling samples from Artisan Arcade.
  • Duke
  • Campania
  • British Leather
  • Deep Sea Blue
  • Ozark man
    Already took the Ozark for a spin because the smell was the most immediately appealing opening the box. I can see why this scent has stood the test of time
Stirling performance continues to amaze me !

I get Morteen fly spray from Ozark..once it hit me I can't get past that thought in my head using it.

I get Morteen fly spray from Ozark..once it hit me I can't get past that thought in my head using it.

That's an interesting scent comparison. I respect your honesty.

I would have said it's quite prominent on the Pine and Fir scent notes. I actually like this one. Maybe Norsca deodorant would be a scent comparison ? :)

You should try Varen. It's very heavyhanded scent wise on the oakmoss.

Status
Not open for further replies.