June 2014 Acquisitions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hear, hear….it only exacerbates the pain of the avatar being at least two times too small. The bigger version, where art thou?

Oh yeah and to keep it relevant so I don't get in trouble from mods like @Pjotr above, I have a boar brush in my sights this month. Enjoying the Omega #49 I'm lending from @Mong. and want one of me own…just not sure if I want a little smaller in the loft.

A tube of Old Spice shaving cream and a bottle of Old Spice Fresh Lime A/S both from India.

Picked up a small lot from a fellow Aussie via a YKW forum. All I want was the Muhle R41 but..,

Muhle R41 (2013)
Shavemac 177 Silvertip
Gillette NEW LC
Muhle Brush & Razor stand
Tub of Panna Crema
A few freebie sample creams and blades.

Picked up a small lot from a fellow Aussie via a YKW forum. All I want was the Muhle R41 but..,

Muhle R41 (2013)
Shavemac 177 Silvertip
Gillette NEW LC
Muhle Brush & Razor stand
Tub of Panna Crema
A few freebie sample creams and blades.
Nice haul!

Haha! That's the normal line around here isn't it?

"All I wanted was X, but I ended up with ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVYZ"!

I just received a tin of Simpson's cream from Men's Biz. I bought it because I liked the coffee sample's ability but wanted to add my own fragrance, which I have just done.

I will let it steep a little before I try it.

I also got another stick of Speick just in case.

I also made some razor stands from black bamboo for my Feather AC, but I need to do a photo. I guess they are an acquisition even if I made them.

I got a gillette fatboy and proraso red from @Mong.

How do I use this thing? What is a good number to start at? Planning on using a GBE in first up.

Congrats. It's a lovely razor.

Mild (1) to Agressiveish (9). Start at 2-3 and work your way up. The butterfly doors need to be slightly opened when changing settings.

I would suggest starting somewhere between 3-5 depending on how aggressive you'd like to be, and yes, you do need to make sure that the doors are slightly ajar when you change the settings. It's really quite mild on 1-2, but also probably worth getting a reference point. I also found that best results were achieved holding the razor somewhat more vertical than usual.

A GBE in a Fatboy probably has the sweet spot either 5-6, MAYBE as high as 7. I find the Slims better at 6-7.

Definitely start lower and open it up over time. I wouldn't bother on anything less than 3.

Remember to loosen the doors before changing the blade gap, and always close it down tight.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1402062501.091689.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1402062518.056273.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1402062528.241796.jpg

I found this in an antique shop for $10 but can't determine what it is.

I'm sorry that the photos aren't great.

It's a Gillette that is made in England. TTO. On the baseplate the only 'code' is II. (The Roman numeral for 2.)

Any idea what it is? Thanks!

It's a flare tip SuperSpeed, possibly with a different head design.

Great buying at $10. Still good buying at $20.

Do you clean it up yourself or did you find it in that condition?

Great buy for $10.

........ I also found that best results were achieved holding the razor somewhat more vertical than usual.

By vertical do you mean perpendicular? The handle or the head of the razor? Dangerous thing to say as the wrong choice potentially lands you with skin grafts.

I assumed he meant keeping the handle close to parallel to the skin. I wound up set at 5 which seemd OK.

It was different to shave with compared to the modern razors I have used. There is a different sound and feel. The shave is good and I have turned on my webcam so @Marlow can watch me faceterbate for only $4.99/minute.

@Lifes a Peach - It was in fairly good nick but I cleaned it up.

@Monsta_AU - thanks! Yeah, I thought it was a good buy. I usually find diddly-squat in the shops.

Any idea at how to work out the dating?

Status
Not open for further replies.