June 2015 Acquisitions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've just taken a punt on 74 old blades. I did send a message to @Monsta_AU to see what he thought of them, but decided to go for it before he could respond.
Hopefully I haven't blown $30.
$_57.JPG

Sorry mate, was out replenishing the pantry & fridge after the break. There wasn't much left in the house!

FYI - Any old Gillette UK/London blades should be an instant buy for you guys. The quality of blades they pumped out was above the US-level blades for sure. If you have tried the old English Platinums then you will understand what I mean.

It's ridiculously cheap for that amount, so I think you got a bargain for sure.

Thanks @Monsta_AU. I know you've seen this, but there is a short thread on them over (spit) there which reassured me enough to pull the trigger before anyone else could bid on them.

You're in for a treat with the Epsilon - just needs lots of soap ;)

I've gone and bought something by accident again.
The same seller had 3 items I was semi interested in, and could justify buying with the combined postage.
This was the one I had least interest in , but thought it was worth it as the postage would be free with the other two.
Of course, the other two items went over my budget, and I end up with the thing I don't really want or need. A Colgate soap stick holder with NOS soap.
NUvOKrn.jpg

Guess it will be handy for holding Speick sticks.

The same seller had 3 items I was semi interested in, and could justify buying with the combined postage.
This was the one I had least interest in , but thought it was worth it as the postage would be free with the other two.
Of course, the other two items went over my budget, and I end up with the thing I don't really want or need. A Colgate soap stick holder with NOS soap.
NUvOKrn.jpg

Could be perfect for a stick of ARKO!!!!

...A Colgate soap stick holder with NOS soap.

NOS Soap - could be nice to use too!!!

How did I miss that one?

it's hardly Camay soap on a rope though, or whatever those old soaps you bought are called.

Vintage Yardley!

Wash your mouth out ;)

But I could have saved on postage ...

Are you saying you bought either a Bengal straight or a culmak traveller?

NUvOKrn.jpg

Shouldn't there be something on the bottom of the stick to hold it with? Looks like a cheap tube in which they sold stick refills which is what it says on the lid and the stick holder is missing unless the lid somehow doubles as a stick holder. The soap could be OK though. Yeah I think you got done there. Serves you right for the constant Arko bashing. Just chop the soap up in a bowl and see how it performs. There are plenty of vintage soap enthusiasts out there.

How is stating factual information bashing?
I don't know if you noticed but I paid arko a compliment the other day? The slightly menthol cream version anyway.

Resist going to the dark side Egg
It's ok, menthol is the saving grace :)
Us menth addicts have to stick together after all ;)

Oh, how did these end up in my mailbox?

One was a sympathy buy - can't have the Yanks taking everything!

The #15 is an earlier silver plated one and the un-branded slant could be interesting!

Oh, how did these end up in my mailbox?

One was a sympathy buy - can't have the Yanks taking everything!

The #15 is an earlier silver plated one and the un-branded slant could be interesting!

Wow that #15 is nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.