June 2015 Acquisitions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bloody hell - the rich get richer. I've heard of income inequality but vintage Gillette inequality...?

The way the market is going they tend to be related.

BUT this was really a sympathy buy - because I missed out on the Empire set. I might even see if I can do a trade for it...

Actually that would also classify as self enabling. As far as our community of SLAPers go, you are the anti-christ. Mark666.

Gee whiz, never thought of that.

Self-enabling then, that must be the pinnacle of P&C culture - although now that I can self enable do I need to hang around here any more?

........Self-enabling then, that must be the pinnacle of P&C culture - although now that I can self enable do I need to hang around here any more?

Well no, not really. But your prime purpose is to inflict evil on others so I guess you will.

Gee whiz, never thought of that.

Self-enabling then, that must be the pinnacle of P&C culture - although now that I can self enable do I need to hang around here any more?

Stick around Mark, you have a very useful role of making the only mildly enabled feel less guilty [emoji4]

Off topic: that's a beautiful razor @Mark1966 - congratulations!

...and the benefit of enabling others to live wildly through your purchase of items they bring to your attention ;)

Stick around Mark, you have a very useful role of making the only mildly enabled feel less guilty [emoji4]

Ahhh, that is right. The valuable service in relation to your significant others.

OK, I will stay ;)

Thanks @alfredus - will look nice when cleaned up :)

$_12.JPG

Yes, the vintage version as displayed, ie pre-reformulation :)
Oh and also post reformulation, due to the seller using an image like that, rather than one that accurately reflects it's the reformulation and different packaging.

Oh and a birth Super Adjustable in good condition :)

Yes, the vintage version as displayed, ie pre-reformulation :)
Oh and also post reformulation, due to the seller using an image like that, rather than one that accurately reflects it's the reformulation and different packaging.

Oh and a birth Super Adjustable in good condition :)

Congrats I think. So it's pre-reformulation and it's post-reformulation and it's just reformulation in a different packaging? That's a lot of formulation.
Hope you like the Black Beauty. I can't get on with mine at all. Still love the razor for the engineering that's gone in to it.

original_CW.jpg

That's the current packaging.
I have 1x of that, which was sold as the image in the post above and 1x of the image above.
Note the cursive writing is no longer apparent for the full name, the change of text from silver to white and the missing white background.
Two hints towards it being an original if hunting :)

Would of taken out some of the listed banned/restricted chemicals/ingredients that the EU see's fit to do so, which killed P160, Floid Sandolor and the likes.
I don't know the exact ingredients, as unable to locate that information.

The way the market is going they tend to be related.

BUT this was really a sympathy buy - because I missed out on the Empire set. I might even see if I can do a trade for it...

Actually a quote from a fountain pen collector is appropriate here; "I have so many pens as a result of refining my preferences". This incidentally in addition to his guns, photographic equipment and knives. So it goes like this. Let's say you discover you might have a preference for Mont Blanc fountain pens (at a minimum of $500 a pop by the way). So you go and by half a dozen different models. You then discover that the only one you like is the one with an 18C gold nib, so you then go out and refine your preferences and purchase half a dozen Pelikans pens (similarly priced) with 18C gold nibs etc etc. What you end up with is 500 pens which enables you to post a youtube video outlining why you don't like any of them. That's collecting.....refining your preferences. No self-sympathy or self-pity or self-enabling. Easy.

You're not a mad collector @Mark1966 , you're just dedicated to refining your preferences.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.