Lost my Mekur 1904 :(

Question

The place where I am staying has communal bathrooms and so i put my toiletries into a bag. My razor must have fallen out at some point through a hole because I can't find it anywhere now...I'm trying to see if i can get the CCTV footage checked but I'm guessing the cleaners probably picked it up and threw it away :(.

If i can't get it back, does anyone have any headsup on where I can get an affordable replacement?

Hmm, closed i think. Men's biz has the same Merkur 1904 for $40 which is roughly the same price as on amazon...but that's pretty steep for me at the moment.

I'm not certain but @MrT may have one to sell. Otherwise you can post a Want to Buy (ETB) for a second hand one.

Very sorry to hear that. If you just need something to shave, I have a user grade HD rocket. It doesn't look nice, but it shaves great and is very smooth. Would be more than happy to donate it to you, just send me a pm with your address and I get it out on Monday...

Welp, finding the razor didn't work out, it took the staff several days before they finally told me that the CCTV doesn't cover that corridor.

Before I order a new one, I was wondering if it might be better to get a more aggressive razor as I have pretty thin hair...I think the Merkur 1904 is pretty neutral, and with my best shave I can still see the roots of the hair even if it feels smooth, and black hair on fair skin shows up pretty well. Would a more aggressive razor help, and if so, does anyone have any suggestions on something pretty similar?

Alfredus : Thanks for the offer, I got some BIC plastic razors as a temporary measure but woah, they sure are blunt...lots of cost cutting definitely went into these....

with my best shave I can still see the roots of the hair even if it feels smooth, and black hair on fair skin shows up pretty well. Would a more aggressive razor help, and if so, does anyone have any suggestions on something pretty similar?

My thoughts are no, a more aggressive razor will not help. If you are getting BBS, then the hair cannot be cut any lower (by a single blade) than it is now. A multi-blade cart will pull the hair and cut it (theoretically) lower than skin level but I am not convinced that will make it any less visible and then you have the other issues such as in-grown hairs and the like.