Canberra dwelling Happy Clapping Bean Counter
Staff member
Site Moderator
Grand Society
2016 Sabbatical Fail
2018 Charity Auction Winner
2019 Charity Auction Winner
2020 Charity Auction Winner
Hopefully this will be the place to post about your Soap Commander group buy purchases - but what else has arrived this month?

Birthday presents for me gratefully accepted BTW!

....wow, subtle as.

obama_sarkozy1.jpg

...when like might be like a good day this like month to have something like arrive to you....

....wow, subtle as.

obama_sarkozy1.jpg

...when like might be like a good day this like month to have something like arrive to you....

WOW - that is hardly a good look (pun intended) for the US President - although he might we wanting to follow the Bill Clinton example ....

The French President seems bemused - mind you he had some issues too!

WOW - that is hardly a good look (pun intended) for the US President - although he might we wanting to follow the Bill Clinton example ....

The French President seems bemused - mind you he had some issues too!

Yeah difference being Nicolas Sarkozy wouldn't get all defensive and self-righteous about it...it's a European male thing....what ya gonna do?

....way to evade the question mate! ....typical Pisces

Now @stillshunter - your cred might be in question now - look at the video ...

All very innocent really !

Hopefully this will be the place to post about your Soap Commander group buy purchases - but what else has arrived this month?

What vintage/anniversary is this one ?

Now @stillshunter - your cred might be in question now - look at the video ...

All very innocent really !
Yep would have expected nothing less from the White House machine. Must have been pretty frantic for a bit in there piecing together something plausible for release to the right media outlets...

Last edited:
What vintage/anniversary is this one ?

Nothing special as you should be able to work out from previously disclosed date code information for me :)

Nothing special as you should be able to work out from previously disclosed date code information for me :)
Mate, I'm not your wife, so assumptions that I've memory for anniversaries is prone to disappoint ;)

His username might give you a bit of a clue!
and here I was, thinking it was his razor collection count ;)

Truth be know, that's kind of blurred out to my mind, as to me, he is one of the Mark's here :)
Still omits a day...

Well I received a letter in the post today. Politely addressed to G Thomas Esq Retired Gentleman.

I opened with caution as you never know what is being sent in the mail these days.

It contained a flattened Ziploc bag - it contained a white creamy substance with no description but it is either something I can use for shaving, or a substance better used for artificial insemination.

I shall try the shaving first and if no good I guess I shall just have to look around for a lady Llama.

Thanks @Mark1966 (I hope). :)

Now, now @gthomas04 Esq.

There was an explanatory card in the envelope - it is a fresh sample for use as appropriate.

Wasn't that clear?

My fault - got so intrigued by the splodge didn't look any further in the envelope. My thanks to you @Mark1966 happyclapper. Will try it tomorrow.

LOL - no worries, I trust it is better than the previous dried up old bit !

Now, now @gthomas04 Esq.

There was an explanatory card in the envelope - it is a fresh sample for use as appropriate.

Wasn't that clear?
Go easy upon him, SWMBO was busy, so acquiring his monocle was an exercise with unexpected delays...

Bulldog handle has arrived. This is sold as "blemished" stock. A quick once-over in the low light of the living room and I can't see any blemish. For $25.00 plus $10.00 postage from the states (a bit over a week) is a real bargain.

This handle is approximately 10-12mm shorter than the Barley chrome handle I had on my EJ DE89. The Bulldog is not as aesthetically pleasing as the Barley chrome, looking "dumpier" (short & fat). I used the straight for for usual evening shave tonight so the Bulldog gets it's first "outing" tomorrow morning.

Having screwed the handle on tonight it feels like all the weight is now in the head. This is probably due to the balance shifting due to the shorter handle. Feels ideally weighted though to "let the blade do the work - no pressure". The grip given by the extra knurling feels great. Can't wait till tomorrow morning.

Wow @Dale.Whiley - you are acquiring some kit - why do you need all that stuff ???? ;)

The electrolyte tablets have arrived, less than a week from the US. Expiry dates are all 2018 too!!

Really happy with the iHerb service.

Status
Not open for further replies.