• Shaver Heaven - Peppermint Plus

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dr Jon's Arctic Hydra

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
It has wife approval.

@eggbert behave yourselves ;)
sexy-time-298x232.jpg

So, after using some of SH Peppermint Plus and revisiting the Proraso green, I'm definitely liking the cooling hits. I wanted to ask the menth heads what their thoughts on the better option for transition soaps into the higher menth soaps. I'd like to get a mint EO product and a menth product, and have come up with the 2 options below.

Option 1 is the milder of the 2, but think the scents themselves may be a little more rounded. Option 2 has a little more depth as far as menthol goes. Other than that, I might just get some glycerin, crystals and add menth hits to my current rotation?

I don't know what to say either, and an waiting for @borked's reply

So, after using some of SH Peppermint Plus and revisiting the Proraso green, I'm definitely liking the cooling hits. I wanted to ask the menth heads what their thoughts on the better option for transition soaps into the higher menth soaps. I'd like to get a mint EO product and a menth product, and have come up with the 2 options below.

Option 1 is the milder of the 2, but think the scents themselves may be a little more rounded. Option 2 has a little more depth as far as menthol goes. Other than that, I might just get some glycerin, crystals and add menth hits to my current rotation?

I can't talk for option 1 since I've tried none of those brands, but you cannot go wrong with stirling. I try not to spoil myself with overusing the menthol, but every time i hit the puck of frozen tundra or MITA I'm just incredibly impressed at how creamy, slick, bubble-free and easy to use the soap is(although it does take a little more time to work it in). It's by far the best soap I've used compared to the various european soaps I've used though this may change as i get around to bringing my brush to the bowl of B&M Fireside or get around to buying some new SH soaps(unfortunately lacking in menthol options, which is why my upcoming purchase will be with stirling).

I can't talk for option 1 since I've tried none of those brands, but you cannot go wrong with stirling. I try not to spoil myself with overusing the menthol, but every time i hit the puck of frozen tundra or MITA I'm just incredibly impressed at how creamy, slick, bubble-free and easy to use the soap is(although it does take a little more time to work it in). It's by far the best soap I've used compared to the various european soaps I've used though this may change as i get around to bringing my brush to the bowl of B&M Fireside or get around to buying some new SH soaps(unfortunately lacking in menthol options, which is why my upcoming purchase will be with stirling).
Has Rod indicated when the 2016 summer menthol batch is coming out yet?

Has Rod indicated when the 2016 summer menthol batch is coming out yet?
I assume you mean the lineup of glacials? They've been up on the site for a couple weeks. Or is there even more to it than glacials lemon, spearmint, eskimo, wintergreen and obsidian? There's iced pineapple too. I've been waiting for badgershavingco to stock those glacials, Rod has said that they'd reach badgershavingco in early April a while back, but if there's going to be EVEN MORE menthol goodness then I'll be definitely waiting a bit longer

badgershavingco
Still waiting on my surface package from Badgershavingco from 20th Feb. Think I will just go directly from Rod in future, as $33 USD shipping for a decent size order isn't too bad (or not be a tight arse and go surface again).

I assume you mean the lineup of glacials? They've been up on the site for a couple weeks. Or is there even more to it than glacials lemon, spearmint, eskimo, wintergreen and obsidian? There's iced pineapple too. I've been waiting for badgershavingco to stock those glacials, Rod has said that they'd reach badgershavingco in early April a while back, but if there's going to be EVEN MORE menthol goodness then I'll be definitely waiting a bit longer
I'm afraid I haven't got a script parsing the website to look for Glacial (although perhaps I should?) so I wasn't aware that this year's range was up. Thanks for the heads up - now to see what I can cull (or use up quickly) which wifebert will consider enough to allow a new purchase.

Still waiting on my surface package from Badgershavingco from 20th Feb. Think I will just go directly from Rod in future, as $33 USD shipping for a decent size order isn't too bad (or not be a tight arse and go surface again).
I'm personally in no rush to get my soaps, I have enough here (that i don't plan on selling, or is not worth selling) that would last me years so I'm okay with surface shipping. With how much I plan on buying the price difference is pretty noticeable!

I'm afraid I haven't got a script parsing the website to look for Glacial (although perhaps I should?) so I wasn't aware that this year's range was up. Thanks for the heads up - now to see what I can cull (or use up quickly) which wifebert will consider enough to allow a new purchase.
News, Rod doesn't have anything else planned for the summer release(unfortunately no menthol mutton soap), but he does have plans to put up a glacial MITA in two weeks so wait for that if you're interested.

News, Rod doesn't have anything else planned for the summer release(unfortunately no menthol mutton soap), but he does have plans to put up a glacial MITA in two weeks so wait for that if you're interested.

That's a shame. I was hoping for glacial orange chill.

Cheers for the info. Hopefully will get to finish a few soaps off before they finish production for the year.

Is there enough interest to justify a Stirling GB?
Con @shavetheman would you be interested in running it?

Is there enough interest to justify a Stirling GB?
Con @shavetheman would you be interested in running it?
I don't really have readily available funds at the moment, which is why I'm not in a great rush.