November 2015 Aquisitions

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK... so let me preface by saying that I did read @alfredus 's post on the first few months of shaving. To resist temptation and get consistency... However, this stuff magically appeared in the mail today. Imagine my surprise.
Surprise! [emoji322]
A nice haul indeed. [emoji4]

OK... so let me preface by saying that I did read @alfredus 's post on the first few months of shaving. To resist temptation and get consistency... However, this stuff magically appeared in the mail today. Imagine my surprise.

Hoping the cherry isn't as prominent in the Cella when it lathers up, otherwise this may be a PIF. If people think it would be a handy resource, I'm happy to do up a "stages of cleaning" experience with the Fatboy?

edit - I left my manners in the other room, apologies. 2 thank yous that would be remiss not to mention.

Big thanks to @khun_diddy for the front 6 blade packs.
Great experience with @Gifts&Care.com on the rest of the products orders last week just before the extra 5% discount. Juan's follow up service for delivery was fantastic and also refunded the extra 5%! Will certainly be returning for more product (more than likely aftershaves - really want to try the myrsol, particularly balsamica).

Fatboy G3 (pre-clean) will upload video of tto mech once clean (though working fine now)

Have fun with it. The sample I sent includes my favourite DE blade and my least favourite DE blade. I won't tell you which is which though.

Hoping the cherry isn't as prominent in the Cella when it lathers up, otherwise this may be a PIF. If people think it would be a handy resource, I'm happy to do up a "stages of cleaning" experience with the Fatboy?

i dunno bout anyone else but i personally would love to see how you went about cleaning up the fatboy. i have a slim here i wouldn't mind cleaning up a bit

i dunno bout anyone else but i personally would love to see how you went about cleaning up the fatboy. i have a slim here i wouldn't mind cleaning up a bit

Try hot (boiling) water and some detergent. Soak it in there and repeat a couple of times, then take out an old toothbrush and work it...

That's the amateur advise - for expert tips you have to ask @Mark1966

Try hot (boiling) water and some detergent. Soak it in there and repeat a couple of times, then take out an old toothbrush and work it...

That's the amateur expert advice

FTFY

I went a bit nuts, I have the following in the mail:
3 X Badger Knots (trying my hand at restoring some vintage brushes)
Barrister & Mann "Seville"
Beaver Woodwright "Captain's Pipe"
Soap Commander "Endurance"
Tim's Soap "Greek Peach"
Shaver Revolution "The Gentleman - Oud Wood"
Barrister & Mann Latha "Oceana"
Italian Barber "L'Americano"

The thread here is going to cover this sort of stuff - in fact already has some cleaning advice!

Last edited:
Tim's Soap "Greek Peach"

What knots did you get @Anthony and what type of badgers do you like?

Tim's Soap "Greek Peach"

Some good soap in the ones you have ordered @Anthony. I have tried a couple of them I think you will really like the Tims Soap.

Tim's Soap "Greek Peach"
I foresee much research at Manor Macri Laboratories.

The thread here is going to cover this sort of stuff - in fact already has some cleaning advice!
Think you missed adding a link mate :)

Bought a brand new bottle of Nivea Original Aftershave Lotion. One can't go wrong with this stuff, the sting is almost nonexistent, it moisturizing and the light scent last for hours. Did I mentioned that the bottle is made of glass?:D

Shaver Heaven order just arrived. The Mo'vember scent has the distinct aroma of Arko. :sneaky:

Like it that much, that you feel compelled to poison the potential for third party purchases and buy it all up in a discounted bulk deal?

Mail call from @Anthony, great smell soaps as usual and can't wait to try them all :)

@Monsta_AU I have never smelt Arko but from the Movember soap I get a lemon lollie, like olden boiled lolly sweets like humburgs, since I have heard Arko is meant to smell like urinal soap, I think it smells nothing like Arko :)

@Monsta_AU I have never smelt Arko but from the Movember soap I get a lemon lollie, like olden boiled lolly sweets like humburgs, since I have heard Arko is meant to smell like urinal soap, I think it smells nothing like Arko :)

It's better than Arko as it doesn't have the chemical-like 'Lemon Cleaner' smell about it. It certainly smalls more natural, but it still has that connotation.

That said, I don't mind Arko, especially in Summer.

Perfect, more for us Eastern states :D

T5z2fNFl.jpg

This lot arrived yesterday from Shaverheaven.

Status
Not open for further replies.