October 2014 Acquisitions thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The moto g appears to have a better cpu, but 1/2 the ram, and a worse GPU. Similar. The POS Motorola I have had to revert back to does bias me away from them though.

However dual sim would have me interested if it worked properly.

I've also just read that the Nexus 6 is due to be announced this month, so the Nexus 5 could drop in price significantly.

Cheers @Nick the Knife you've given me some food for thought.

Last edited:
99 seconds of bliss lol. I paid a bit for it so hopefully it's in good nick.Been looking at Antique sales. Salvos and all I can find are a heap of shaving bowls, scuttles but no decent razors.just had a magic shave with my 73 tech with a derby blade, cella soap and omega synthetic brush. 3 pastings and smooth as a babies bum

I've never found a single shaving related item in any of the op shops here in Coffs Harbour. Did a whip around a few weeks ago and most of them looked at me like I'd asked for something bizarre when I queried on any old shaving gear. Suspect the mere mortals of the world view it as dated, obselete, unhygienic junk unless it's something really obviously good looking.

Yep I know get some strange looks and often asked if I'm a collector. My response is I buy the gear to use it and appreciate the shaving gear from yesteryear. Each to their own but can't see the point of just looking at the stuff. Might as well use it ......then look at it fondly

Never anything here in Darwin either, and they just look blankly at you, or worse - try to offer you disposables.

Should have my new car in a week or so.

Jeep Cherokee Longitude.

It's my first new car, had company cars most of my working life, and second handers other than that.

It's my reward to myself for smashing it in my first year in Real Estate.

Are you calling me fat?
Nah, just saying what the song says. Having said that I'd reevaluate the cut of that bikini, I reckon there's a window of about a year that it would look good and then - you know what it don't hide might need hiding. Just saying...

Is THAT where it goes!

I keep putting money in that tray in the cars but there is never enough there when I need it ...

Oh yeah, I'll put money on it. Countless times I've reached out to grab a few bucks for parking and found it all gone or attempted to swipe some shrapnel from the tray on my desk to nip down to the deli to get milk 5min before it closes. They just grin when confronted.

Haven't been buying much lately, but one of these did turn up today. After spending half my long weekend* backing up my old Hard Disk in the work laptop (13" Macbook Pro) and installing a 256GB Intel 530 SSD, I decided one was in order to increase the storage. I had a 500GB WD Black lappy drive spare that I had for another project but never used so for a few dollars and an hours pulling apart the MBP I now have another ~465GB storage in it.

* I installed Win8.1 FOUR TIMES before I worked out the trick to get the audio working.

Pick up my new Jeep Longitude Monday.

I'm excited :)

Not so excited about my wife playing the Jeep jingle at every_single_opportunity.

I can bust out a couple of sappy love songs on acoustic. A few renditions of those, and you'll be craving that shitty jingle in no time.

Acquired this shaving mug from the Op Shop - never had one like it before and not terribly fond of the shape. Might stick a puck of soap in the bottom and use it purely for loading when face lathering. My Omega 49 doesn't like to lather in such confined environments.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1413160753277.jpeg
    uploadfromtaptalk1413160753277.jpeg
    667.3 KB · Views: 15
Status
Not open for further replies.