October 2016 Acquisitions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I picked up a few nice brushes last month. By rights these should have been posted in the September acquisitions thread but I did not get around to it. Apologies for my tardiness there.

First off I picked up this beautiful Romera brush from @Draco Noir. @Draco Noir has been a true gentleman and a pleasure to deal with. This brush exceeded my expectations and I am a very proud owner.

hNmcEGM.jpg

zRd9IXo.jpg

KGcz3NH.jpg

Secondly I picked up these two lovely brushes as well.

p2aqGK0.jpg

The cream handled brush is a Thater 4125/1 (24mm) 2 band. So far it has only seen a couple of outings but is very impressive.

yMSnd8w.jpg

FhRWiCQ.jpg

QJMFU6V.jpg

The blue handled beauty is a custom Shavemac with a D01 2 band knot. The knot is 24mm set at 48mm height and is a fan knot. This thing is a dense monster and the backbone is unbelievable. So far it has only seen a handful of uses and is starting to break in nicely. This brush has also been an eye opener in some regards, Due to the amount of backbone it is not possible to use anything but paint strokes when face lathering. I have found that I seem to get a better lather using this technique and although still early days I am starting to try the technique out with all of my brushes with good results.

IYXn0ZK.jpg

gODVXaQ.jpg

ZFgdFIV.jpg

I have some more exciting items to come in the next couple of weeks and look forward to sharing :)

I want that shavemac.

I picked up a few nice brushes last month. By rights these should have been posted in the September acquisitions thread but I did not get around to it. Apologies for my tardiness there.

First off I picked up this beautiful Romera brush from @Draco Noir. @Draco Noir has been a true gentleman and a pleasure to deal with. This brush exceeded my expectations and I am a very proud owner.

hNmcEGM.jpg

zRd9IXo.jpg

KGcz3NH.jpg

p2aqGK0.jpg

The cream handled brush is a Thater 4125/1 (24mm) 2 band. So far it has only seen a couple of outings but is very impressive.

yMSnd8w.jpg

FhRWiCQ.jpg

QJMFU6V.jpg

The blue handled beauty is a custom Shavemac with a D01 2 band knot. The knot is 24mm set at 48mm height and is a fan knot. This thing is a dense monster and the backbone is unbelievable. So far it has only seen a handful of uses and is starting to break in nicely. This brush has also been an eye opener in some regards, Due to the amount of backbone it is not possible to use anything but paint strokes when face lathering. I have found that I seem to get a better lather using this technique and although still early days I am starting to try the technique out with all of my brushes with good results.

IYXn0ZK.jpg

gODVXaQ.jpg

ZFgdFIV.jpg

I have some more exciting items to come in the next couple of weeks and look forward to sharing :)

t2412.gif
t2807.gif
Lucky bastard!!! is nice to have plenty of money :whistle::unsure:

They breed I tell you!

There are NOT all mine I'm sure. Has anybody else noticed that 'The Stray Whisker' boxes seem to be becoming the recycled packaging 'du jour' of the Australian shaving community?

Might have something to do with the quality box and abundance of packing materials which are bound to be inside!

They breed I tell you!

There are NOT all mine I'm sure. Has anybody else noticed that 'The Stray Whisker' boxes seem to be becoming the recycled packaging 'du jour' of the Australian shaving community?

Might have something to do with the quality box and abundance of packing materials which are bound to be inside!

Smart advertising by @shavetheman - he's a clever cookie!!! [emoji23]

I picked up a few nice brushes last month.
Superb. Simply superb brushes. Wow!

Yes, I've been using the same technique for a little while now. Not only lathering but also loading using back-and-forth (or painting) strokes with my badger brushes. It works well for me.
I also don't "mash" my brushes but just use the tips. They suck up soap and generate lather so soft and silky... Hmmmm...

Absolutely stunning brushes. You've got quite the collection now!

hNmcEGM.jpg

zRd9IXo.jpg

KGcz3NH.jpg

p2aqGK0.jpg

yMSnd8w.jpg

FhRWiCQ.jpg

QJMFU6V.jpg

IYXn0ZK.jpg

gODVXaQ.jpg

ZFgdFIV.jpg

You sir, have excellent taste.
Seriously, I have the same 2 band Shavemac knot and it has taught me so much about creating excellent lather. It may not be my absolute favorite (I love my WW) but for me it was a game changer and will always have a place in my den.

hNmcEGM.jpg

zRd9IXo.jpg

KGcz3NH.jpg

p2aqGK0.jpg

yMSnd8w.jpg

FhRWiCQ.jpg

QJMFU6V.jpg

IYXn0ZK.jpg

gODVXaQ.jpg

ZFgdFIV.jpg

Absolutely stellar - congratulations @nsavage (y)

Please bring them along on Sunday!

They breed I tell you!

I may have shipped some BST items in a box of the same description...

mail-2016-10-06.jpg

Mega purchase from four different vendors.
  • 1000 Polsilver SI blades from eBay (technically purchased last month, but didn't have a chance to photograph)
  • Mühle DE guard and tube from shaving.ie
  • Charky's soaps from his shop
  • PAA and CK soaps as well as 28mm beauty from TSW

The fun starts tomorrow! Will start with PAA as I used Charky's and CK. I sniffed PAA Al Fin and it was amazing. Cannot describe the scent but it reminded me something very familiar from my past. Wow. Cannot wait!

mail-2016-10-06.jpg

• 1000 Polsilver SI blades from eBay (technically purchased last month, but didn't have a chance to photograph)

The fun starts tomorrow! Will start with PAA as I used Charky's and CK. I sniffed PAA Al Fin and it was amazing. Cannot describe the scent but it reminded me something very familiar from my past. Wow. Cannot wait!

Impressive!

mail-2016-10-06.jpg

That'll keep you busy for at least a little while!!!

mail-2016-10-06.jpg

@dewynter let @Monsta_AU know that you've ordered 1000 blades of PSI otherwise you won't be able to get your Grand Society banner ;)

IMG20161006230437_cr.jpg

The Floid aftershave was from last month but I forgot to add it so I put it in here.
I still have another box to arrive from The Stray Whisker and a few other parcels from overseas. ;)

Special thanks to @shavetheman (for his amazing customer service along with Kim and superb shaving products @Nightguard (for his patience with me and for generously allowing me to buy his wonderful Plisson brush. Not featured here) @Korbz (for his great review on the blacks hip Grooming Soaps which has ultimately convinced me to buy their soap and aftershave)

And everyone here for the interaction and encouragement over the past few weeks that I have been here)

Tonight's shave will be dedicated to all of you. ;)

IMG20161006230437_cr.jpg

The Floid aftershave was from last month but I forgot to add it so I put it in here.
I still have another box to arrive from The Stray Whisker and a few other parcels from overseas. ;)

Special thanks to @shavetheman (for his amazing customer service along with Kim and superb shaving products @Nightguard (for his patience with me and for generously allowing me to buy his wonderful Plisson brush. Not featured here) @Korbz (for his great review on the blacks hip Grooming Soaps which has ultimately convinced me to buy their soap and aftershave)

And everyone here for the interaction and encouragement over the past few weeks that I have been here)

Tonight's shave will be dedicated to all of you. ;)
Damn P&C, props to all of us. We are so damn good at spending other peoples money.

Great haul. Enjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.