October 2021 SHAVING Acquisitions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some kind soul here was nice enough to forward a partially used bottle of APR - Borked to me, for which I'm thankful for.

JwOJ4t0.jpeg

As per my recent vintage experience, you win some, lose some; but today is win. A Krona and Aristocrat 58 in pretty darn good condition. Off for a detergent soak now.

JwOJ4t0.jpeg

As per my recent vintage experience, you win some, lose some; but today is win. A Krona and Aristocrat 58 in pretty darn good condition. Off for a detergent soak now.

AHHH, so YOU snagged these ...

Were you eyeing them? If so, apologies.
As they say, you snooze you lose ;)

Is ok, there's a Don't bid, as I already have thread where he would of mentioned if he was :)
Nice Krona.

It is a nice Krona - that was what I had my eye on.

Oops... just found that thread. I'll have a look there next time just in case.

Some call it the “cheaper auctions page”!

Yeah, I would never presume to post in there :)

Very Nice. Did you design the brush or was it one of George's?
It's Georges design; I basically asked him to copy the 'Sunset' brush that @Lefonque posted here: Sunset
Unfortunately the colour came out quite a bit more yellow than orange, but I'm OK with it. It is a memorial/tribute to my grandfather and father who farmed and cleared 4,000 acres of Mallee scrub at Cullulleraine in the Millewa district (West of Mildura). They travelled through the Sunset desert (now part of the Murray-Sunset National Park) from Cowangie as pioneer settlers in 1926; that NorthWest region of Victoria is called the Mallee after the ubiquitous scrub found there.

Last edited:
It's Georges design; I basically asked him to copy the 'Sunset' brush that @Lefonque posted here: Sunset
Unfortunately the colour came out quite a bit more yellow than orange, but I'm OK with it. It is a memorial/tribute to my grandfather and father who farmed and cleared 4,000 acres of Mallee scrub at Cullulleraine in the Millewa district (West of Mildura). They travelled through the Sunset desert (now part of the Murray-Sunset National Park) from Cowangie as pioneer settlers in 1926; that NorthWest region of Victoria is called the Mallee after the ubiquitous scrub found there.
It's a stunner.

Nice tribute @bernie01, and that's as Nice bit of wood. I grew up on Mallee country in South Australia and my sister married a farmer just down the road from Cowangie. We've been camping in the Sunset national Park a few times, it's a great place. Also explored around Cullulleraine and Neds Corner when I lived in the Riverland. It's as great part of the world.

This month is a Puma 1⅝ straight razor from about 1920 in original scales. There is an ever-so slight frown in the edge that should be easily honed out.
I picked this up for a song (USD 10 including shipping) from a coin dealer.

full

full

This is project straight razor. It will need a cleanup and polish before honing and shaving. Should be a fun little project.

Status
Not open for further replies.